Accidentally took more medication...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Nutella

New
Reaction score
Hello friends,

Well as the title says I had a seizure and took my morning and evening dose altogether. I take 100mg of lamictal and 400mg of tegretol in the morning and 150mg lamictal and 400mg in the evening. So basically I took 800mg of tegretol and 250mg of lamictal. I'm a little worried have any of you done that and what did you do about it?

Thank you

I have accidentally overdosed on lamictail Call poison control and do whatever they tell you. You can they call your doctor during normal business hours unless poison control tells you differently. Even the ER calls poison control for advice or they did before the use of computers became common.

The lamictial overdose wasn't dangerous but I don't know about the tegretol.

Thank you. I live in UK I don't even know if we have poison control lol. I feel a little bit dizzy but that's about it.

Hi Nutella! How are you feeling now?

The dizziness could be caused by an increase in both those meds, but as mab said the lamictal is nowhere near od level, and tbh although it's a high dose of tegretol there are people that are prescribed that much twice a day even though 600 x2 is usually the maximum dose. It's not a drastic od- there are reports online of people taking grams and grams of the stuff.

I take 600mg morning and night, and I've doubled up doses now and then. If you are taking any other drugs, especially anything else which will make you sleepy, or slow down pulse/breathing etc you should call 111 or contact a doctor to be on the safe side.

I know it's worrying, and there may be an increase in side effects, IANAD but I think you should be fine.

However, don't just take my advice. NHS 111 will give you any info you need.

Last edited:
How's it going Nutella?
Its great MAB still breathing lol! I think I panicked a little bit more than I should have. I was dizzy most of the day and night but today I was completely fine thank you for asking :D

Back
Top Bottom