All about me..

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi my name is Keira. I've only had Epilepsy for around 3 years. I had a few tonic-clonic seizures in my sleep. While waiting for my first appointment with my neurologist I did some research on seizures and Epilepsy and I discovered that I'd actually been having small seizures (Auras?) for about a year before. I didn't realize what they were and thought it would be too difficult to explain a sudden rush of emotion and intense feeling of deja vu with a doctor.
I ended up having a small seizure during my EEG which helped zone in on the problem. Which an MRI showed to be a cyst pressing my Hippocampus and Amygdala. Since medicated (Lamictal) I've had a few small seizure but the Epilepsy it pretty much controlled apart from the occasional Aura.
I just found this forum by chance and thought I'd join, I don't know anyone with Epilepsy so it will be nice to talk to people who know what it's like:lol:

Hi Keira :hello:

I am glad that you found this site and that you have your seizures pretty much under control. There is always someone here to listen to you, answer questions and hold your hand while you blow off steam. Get comfy and I hope to see you around!!

Hey there! Welcome to the site :D I was only diagnosed about 3 years ago too :hello:

Hi Keira, welcome to CWE!

Come on in, make yourself at home!

Best,
Nakamova

Back
Top Bottom