Ambulatory EEG advice

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I am doing one next weekend and I hoped I could get some advice from people here. Any ideas for how to hide whatever it is they put on your head? I had planned to just be a hermit but it looks like I have some meetings I am going to have to attend.

I just finished a 72 hour Ambulatory eeg. The tech did wrap my head i gauze. then wrapped all the wires in gause. Unless you wore a wig I can't think of a good way to hide it. Sorry hopefully some of the other members might have a good idea I just wanted you to know what it was like for me. Good Luck!

Nakamova....that made me laugh so hard! Thank you.
When I had to have my ambulatory it was winter time so I wrapped a scarf around my head and it somehow looked a little like bulky winter wear.
At least you aren't the presenter at the meetings!
I think that Nakamova is right though. Put on some headwear over top of the gauze but then play it cool. Sure, it will be noticeable but if you don't bring it up then people will probably assume it's something medical and will be afraid to ask about it in case they will be told your whole story! A case of TMI.
Good luck! I hope you get some answers from it.
FYI, sleeping is a bit tricky. They aren't really comfortable and I felt like I couldn't turn my head without turning my whole body because I was afraid of dislodging the darn things.

Thanks for the suggestions. I just got all my hair cut off (think pixie hair cut) so it may be easier to cover with a decent sized hat and scarf. And I am kind of presenting at one meeting but that is a small one so I am not worried too much about it.

I was actually wondering what they would look like since I have mine in a couple of weeks

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom