Anyone else have trouble with zonisamide?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm just wondering, I've been on zonisamide since the end of October. 300mg a day. I was just diagnosed with epilepsy. I noticed I was having absent seizures this year and back in 2001 I had grand mal seizures(those were never diagnosed). When I started the medicine I tapered up from 100mg to 300mg and had just about every side effect the medicine offered. My body is adjusting, but now I am having a hard time breathing and having converasions. So- I am wondering, has anyone else had this problem besides the weight-loss taking this medicine? Its very frustrating. I've called my dr and am waiting for a call to talk about other possible options. I've also talked to my cardiologist and she thinks my heart is ok.and my primary said my chest x-ray came out clear. so Im thinking it has to be my medicine. Anythoughts? -Elena(tattoofriend)

Welcome Tatoofriend,

I am unfamiliar with zonisamide , but I think you will find someone here who is. You have found a haven with many knowledgeable and compassionate members. You are among friends. Don't hesitate to ask questions. Someone here has probably been there.

Good luck as you continue on this journey.

Tom

Thank you Tom!

I probably should have introduced myself into here first, but, i am kinda antsy. I can tell this is a good place for me be. Thank you for you kind words. :)

Back
Top Bottom