anyone sneeze and jerk then forget what they were talking about?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I happened to sneeze while I was discussing something going on in the news today with my hubby...then I simply forgot what iI was saying and went about talking about something else BC couldn't remember??? What is this?

I don't need to "sneeze and jerk" or any other distraction. I'll be discussing something and part-way through a sentence my mind decides it is bored and goes off on its own tangent leaving me to wonder what I was talking about. So I usually say "Sorry, I know I was on some track there but the train just left the station and I have no idea where it went"! :roflmao:
The person I'm talking to usually provides suggestions as to what I was talking about and I may get my mind back on the right track. Or we just drop the conversation and move on, which is apparently what my brain wants to do. :)

I happened to sneeze while I was discussing something going on in the news today with my hubby...then I simply forgot what iI was saying and went about talking about something else BC couldn't remember??? What is this?

Don't know what sneezing has to do with it, but memory problems go along with epilepsy and it depends on where in your brain the seizures start. If your seizures start in your hippocampus, then definitely your memory loss is going to be a bit more troublesome. I'm often in the middle of a sentence and forget what I'm talking about. Or cannot find the word to describe what I really want to say (aphasia). Very frustrating.

For more detailed info, check out these websites:

http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/impact/thinking-and-memory

http://www.epilepsy.com/learn/impact/thinking-and-memory/types-memory-problems

What movie was that with the hiccup-sneeze-fart?

Anyways, my ADHD leaves me forgetting what I'm talking about sometimes.
Not connected in any way with that, I know during partial seizures you may suddenly forget what you may be taking about. Weather you're having a simple partial or not assert that time is up for you to discover. Sounds like you're just forgetful. :p

. I'm more worried about peeing while sneezing.

:huh:

N Sperlo; said:
What movie was that with the hiccup-sneeze-fart?

Anyways, my ADHD leaves me forgetting what I'm talking about sometimes.
Not connected in any way with that, I know during partial seizures you may suddenly forget what you may be taking about. Weather you're having a simple partial or not assert that time is up for you to discover. Sounds like you're just forgetful. :p

Sounds like you and walkerjm don't have a clue about seizures and memory issues. I'm worried about folks like you.

Cint, the older some women get, the less bladder control they have. Coughing, laughing, sneezing and the like. I know you're older than both of us, so you're really lucky. Keep doing those kegals..lol.

Just about anything can make me forget what I'm saying or doing. I hate sneezing for the way it makes me feel, and I've yet to master the quiet sneeze. Hate hate hate sneezing!!

Cint, the older some women get, the less bladder control they have. Coughing, laughing, sneezing and the like. I know you're older than both of us, so you're really lucky. Keep doing those kegals..lol.

Just about anything can make me forget what I'm saying or doing. I hate sneezing for the way it makes me feel, and I've yet to master the quiet sneeze. Hate hate hate sneezing!!

:ponder: Who said I have better bladder control? And just because I'm older, how does that make me really lucky? Just about any and everything makes me forget too, especially after I had a failed brain surgery on the left side causing more seizures and memory problems! How's that for luck?!

BTW, I hate sneezing too!

Haha, Cint, I was just saying I've never had any problems with losing my train of thought after sneezing. I have urine leakage issues while sneezing, coughing, laughing, or vomiting ever since having my son. My memory has never been the best either. I just kind of shrug it off and get on with it.

No need to get upset cint, you just seemed like you couldn't understand sneezing effecting bladder control. If yours isn't effected by sneezing, you're lucky. :D

My memory has never been the best either. I just kind of shrug it off and get on with it.

Same for me in that I get distracted by other things and cant remember something when I get back to it. My memory of names actually impresses people. At work I'll get 50 names in a row, I may forget one that I've dealt with many times. Just a little brain fart. I'm really not worried about it and don't think it has a thing to do with epilepsy. Everybody's memory fails them every once in a while.

No need to get upset cint, you just seemed like you couldn't understand sneezing effecting bladder control. If yours isn't effected by sneezing, you're lucky. :D

No, it isn't that. I don't understand sneezing effecting seizures. If your memory and seizures are well controlled, then you are lucky. And if your bladder is well controlled during a bad seizure, your even luckier. :bigsmile:

Back
Top Bottom