back again!, my son is having a video EEG.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

stacey

New
Reaction score
Hi guys I am back here again after a break and a lot of things going on.

I will just give some background for those who don't know my story.

I was diagnosed with Tuberose Sclerosis Complex at approx 6 weeks old, long story short, things have gone well and I am seizure and medicine free and have been for the last 9/10 years.

It gets complicated as I go on because both my boys (mr 8 & mr 5) also got the "TSC" gene and as a consequence there are some pretty challenging things to deal with.

Mr 8 has Autism,ADHD, Intellectual disability (2-3 year old mental capacity)and seizures.He is about 80-90% non verbal.his seizures are all over the place, he has had absence,Tonic clonic, drop attacks and grand mal in the last 5/6 years, he has tried 11/12 meds in that time and we have considered the ketogenic diet, unfortunately it's not for him :(

We are now in a position that after an MRI that there are 7+ lesions that are causing the seizures and in consequence he is having a video EEG in preparation for the possibility of surgery.

If there is anyone who can offer any insight into the procedure and any personal stories would be great!

Mr 5 has high blood pressure and language delay but thankfully he is stable and in a good place.

Thankyou for reading :D

Back
Top Bottom