Body twitching

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

DavidLM

New
Reaction score
Body twitching
I had VNS surgery a yr. and a half ago and am currently on Lamictal 300mg and Lyrica 450mg daily. The VNS is working excellent and am feeling about 90% better. However, just lately my body has started to twitch when I'm reading something and I'm starting to studder when speaking. Has anyone else felt this before?

These can be attributed to different types of seizures. I am not sure what you experienced before your VNS surgery, but many experience twitching and stuttering as a part of their disorder. Have you changed meds recently or increased dosage? My daughter had unusual seizure types, when on certain meds.

Body twitching
I had VNS surgery a yr. and a half ago and am currently on Lamictal 300mg and Lyrica 450mg daily. The VNS is working excellent and am feeling about 90% better. However, just lately my body has started to twitch when I'm reading something and I'm starting to studder when speaking. Has anyone else felt this before?

As you can see by my quick reply, I'm still getting used to the postings and quick reply.

But anyway, I stopped taking Trileptal on 6/25/09 with my Lyrica & Lamictal. Then my Lamictal dosage was increased on 7/9/09. I've been feeling great ever since until the twitching and studdering began about 2 wks. ago. It is not that noticeable but it sometimes gets annoying.

My seizures make me stutter. They can also slow and slur my speech. Sounds like seizure activity to me . . . just my humble opinion based on my own experiences.

I have

that happen when my myoclonics are misbehaving badly...... Although, that's not the case for all people with myoclonics, it is for me.

Back
Top Bottom