Bowenwork

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

I personally have had no experience with it but I use these guidlines as warnings to help me decide if it is a quack practice or not.

1. Is the product or practice promoted as a “Major Breakthrough,” “Revolutionary,” “Magic,” or “Miraculous”?

According to Bowtech it's "dynamic".
The Bowen Technique (also known as Bowtech - the Original Bowen Technique and Bowenwork) is a dynamic system

2. Do the promotions try to simply elicit an emotional reaction rather than present clear information to help you make an informed decision about the product?
I think they do just by using words like "tremendous" and "dynamic".

3. Is only anecdotal or testimonial evidence used to support claims of effectiveness?
No but they do devote a whole page to testimonials.

4. Are claims made about scientific support without giving specific details?

They are. There is a whole page of "research" but they are either from organizations that reperesent bowenworks, Their "case study" is no more than a testament & the only research they claim is "peer reviewed" was reviewed by the holistic nurses assoc. (not recognized by science) and was completely based on very relative perceptions that can not be measured (how do you feel on a scale of 1-10?). also, the amount of people tested was so small that I don't think it is very significant in the first place. Also, no statistics are given on the site itself. The only stats I saw was in this one "peer reviewed" test telling how many people said what. As well, you can buy their "research" for only $25. That's always another red flag. I guess that makes question 3 a "yes".

5. Is the information about the therapy or product being provided by a professional lacking in the proper credentials?
They all claim to be professionally trained in bowtech but I saw no claims of anyone having a medical background.

Warning Signs of Quackery and Fraud

The few pages I've browsed through I noticed a few contradictions to what I've learned about human physiology. Also, in all the pages of their site they avoid telling you what kind of moves they are. Is it massage, is it manipulation or is it energy healing? They are extremely vague (another red flag IMO)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom