confused

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi my name is Melanie and im 30yrs old.i think i might b having seizures but i never had them before and i feel stupid going to the drs about this.My husband is about ready to kick me out of the bed.i convulse in the night off and on all night long.i make sounds also,so embaressing :(.i have no recollection of any of it. its freaking him out badly.sometimes i must bite my lower lip or tip of my tounge.but not horribly bad but enough to leave bubble like sores.i just dont know its all weird

That's weird... Has he never freaked out and called 911?? My now Husband I had one right before we got married. His first he's ever seen, and it scared the living daylights out of him... I would ask a doctor to check it out, since you are not sure of it. Do you hurt the next day? Have headaches, body aches???

Why on earth do you feel stupid about going to see the doctor? What you're describing sounds like a serious concern.

Melanie,

Trust your instincts. If you think somethings isn't right within yourself, then go to the dr. right away. No reason to feel stupid or be embarrassed. Usually, if a person is having seizures during the night, they won't remember them at all. And the weird sounds and convulsive movements plus biting of the lips go with some types of seizures. Ask your husband to go with you to the dr. and have him explain to the doc what he sees.

Hang in there!

You should defiantly go to the dr and find out what's going on. What you are describing sounds like it could be seizures. As Cint said trust your instincts. The longer you let it go the more serious it could get.

I didn't have my first seizure until I was 26 and it came on out of the blue. I was in bed with the guy I was dating and woke him up because I was shaking uncontrollably. I know it scared the crap out of him. I didn't remember if he called 911 or took me to the ER himself but I had to be put into a coma because they couldn't get the seizures to stop.

I almost never know that I've had a seizure or remember anything that I did during it, and I have them while I'm awake. After I come out of one my husband will tell me that I had a seizure and I had no clue that I did.

he is on dialysis its hard to schedule appts for me.he says i cry out and twitch all over.however he can get me to respond within a lil while thats y he doesnt call 911 i never no i am doing anything

You should defiantly go to the dr and find out what's going on. What you are describing sounds like it could be seizures. As Cint said trust your instincts. The longer you let it go the more serious it could get.

I didn't have my first seizure until I was 26 and it came on out of the blue. I was in bed with the guy I was dating and woke him up because I was shaking uncontrollably. I know it scared the crap out of him. I didn't remember if he called 911 or took me to the ER himself but I had to be put into a coma because they couldn't get the seizures to stop.

I almost never know that I've had a seizure or remember anything that I did during it, and I have them while I'm awake. After I come out of one my husband will tell me that I had a seizure and I had no clue that I did.

So you don't have postictals? Any seizure is scary, but not having one... well I'm slightly jealous, lol! I know that I'm dying every time I come to. But sometimes it's like being in another world, extremely surreal. I guess it's a temporal lobe thing.

So you don't have postictals? Any seizure is scary, but not having one... well I'm slightly jealous, lol! I know that I'm dying every time I come to. But sometimes it's like being in another world, extremely surreal. I guess it's a temporal lobe thing.

Oh no, I do!

When I was first diagnosed with epilepsy, 10 years ago, they were horrible!!!! The headache that would last for hours was the worst of it. The only thing I could do was lay with an ice pack on my head and a pillow over my face to block out any light. I've tried all sorts of main meds but none of them did a thing. I'd probably sleep 24 hours strait because I was just too tired to do anything, they wore me out.

As time's gone on they haven't been as bad. Depending on how long the seizure lasted and how bad it was would relate to what it was like after.

Sometimes I'll just be confused for awhile and can't think straight. This is when I'm not sure if I've had the seizure or not. If I don't have the headache then I'm not positive it happened, and I still get those horrible ones.

well i feel spacey and it takes me alittle while to no where i am.i also space off while people talk me..and then i get lost in the conversation cuz i miss apart of it lol.my husband is like r u serious? r u dumb what is going on with u? i feel like im loosing it lol

he is on dialysis its hard to schedule appts for me.he says i cry out and twitch all over.however he can get me to respond within a lil while thats y he doesnt call 911 i never no i am doing anything

Do you have any friends or family who can get you to a dr appointment? My husband usually works Mon to Fri and it's hard for him to get me places unless he calls off. I have to rely on my family, usually my grandparents because they are retired, to get me to most of my dr appointments.

well i feel spacey and it takes me alittle while to no where i am.i also space off while people talk me..and then i get lost in the conversation cuz i miss apart of it lol.my husband is like r u serious? r u dumb what is going on with u? i feel like im loosing it lol

This will happen to me too. My husband however understands that I probably had a seizure at the time. So unless you know for sure you are having seizures then he might not know that this is something that can happen.

im so afraid to go to the dr and my insurance finds out IF i had a seizure they will take away my lisence.and i get paid drive my hubby by our insurance to dialysis it how we survive

Dialysiswife i'm so sorry to hear what both you and your husband are dealing with. And i can imagine how scary the thought of losing your license could be, but if you space out or have a big seizure while driving, you could badly injure (or kill), yourself or your husband or both. Best to find out what is going on and then cross that bridge IF the doctor decides you are having seizures. Hugs.

Back
Top Bottom