daily sensations post seizure - What are they?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

fisher59

New
Reaction score
The feeling is like a tingling, wave going through your body and making your head and body kind of swerve. Then heart begins to race and blood pressure seems to increase, head seems to physically swing slightly. Sometimes start to shake. I get small ones that seem to be in my head, which i can refuse and then they mentally go away. But other times, like today it became frequent, things seem to sometimes get louder or quieter. I wasn't even thinking about it, when it happened today, i was copying notes and chatting and then it came many times so i ran out.

Hi fisher59, welcome to CWE!

The sensations you describe could also be seizures -- they sound a bit like simple partials. Those can take the form of heart racing and dizziness, tingling, etc. Some of those things can be med side effects. Are you on seizure meds?

Best,
Nakamova

This problem is brand new. She has started to take keppra 500mg x 2. Makes
her feel dizzy & disoriented. Prior to siezure she thinks she has experienced similiar symptoms 3 times. Now daily?

Worth chatting with her doc about -- sometimes the seizure meds can make things worse. Sounds like that may be the case with the Keppra. If the side effects don't go away, or get worse, let the doc know.

Back
Top Bottom