Diazepam in kids?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hey question we have the shoot up the butt diazepam thingies for my daughter and have never used them. Honestly it freaks me out a lot. Has anyone used these for kids? She is four and I'm just curious what results you have had.

I should also add we are instructed to use them if she has clusters again. The first time was way scary and I just took her to the ER.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would expect the dose would be what you should be concerned about rather than the drug itself or the fact that it's injected instead of ingested.

The syringes are preset to match her weight when we got them from the pharmacy. So I am pretty confident the dose is good. Just what to expect after is what I'm concerned about. She had clusters again tonight. I posted this after the first two then she had three more about twenty min after so we did it. She hasn't had another and it seems like it is just making her tired. New medication scares me.

It sounds pretty safe. You have to remember that valium is a very old drug so that they are very familiar with all its effects (good & bad).

Scary as using a new medication can be, leaving your daughter to seize is just as (or more) scary.

Yeah very true I am just more of a fan of the ER than a scary new med. but this actually went amazingly well she started feeling better quickly and hasn't been having any problems. Very happy with the results. Still gonna let her sleep in momma's bed tonight just to be safe though

She did. And woke up feeling much better. Me not so much lol I'm a worrier

Back
Top Bottom