Father Diagnosed With Epilepsy After Horrible Accident

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hello! My name is Leeann and I live at home with my epileptic father who after years of having a "Seizure disorder" and a recent horrible seizure related accident was finally diagnosed with epilepsy after switching to a different neurologist after the accident. I also have a wonderful boyfriend who I've been with going on a year in August and a 2 year old cat named Belle =)

Hi Leeann,

Sorry your father has suffered a seizure related accident. I hope his current neurologist is able to find the right treatment that will control his seizures. An epileptologist is the best as far as a dr. for epilepsy.

That is basically how I was finally diagnosed with epilepsy. I suffered from horrible burns and was in the hospital for 2 1/2 months over 30 years ago. The stupid dr. kept saying I was hypoglycemic instead before the accident, and I'd been experiencing SP seizures + CPs up until then. Just didn't realize what they were at the time.

Hi Leeann, welcome to CWE, lot of good people on here. Sorry to hear about your father accident, at least he can count on your support. :)

:piano: :pop:

Hi Leeann. Welcome to CWE. I look forward to talking with you.

Hello Leeann,
welcome to cwe and I'm very sorry your father was dx'd with epilepsy.

Hi Leeann, welcome!

"Seizure disorder" and "epilepsy" are different words for the same diagnosis, so your father's earlier neuro wasn't necessarily wrong. But if your father's seizures have been uncontrolled, then it's important to have a doc who will collaborate with him to find a treatment that can help. I hope the new neuro will be a good match.

It's great that your father has you to help care for him at home and advocate for his health care. I hope you feel free to ask any questions as they arise.

Best,
Nakamova

Back
Top Bottom