first eeg

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

He indicated to me the percentage of people with E don't always get an EEG where they catch a seizure.Some never do.But i had to abnormal EEG's that showed some funny business.

Although abnormalities were found when I was 16, currently any activities I had been having in my sleep was "too deep" to cause any disturbance in... the force?

Can anyone suggest how i can take this coctail?

I just took my cocktail. 5 1/2 pills and some Monster Cuba-Lima. The high fructose corn syrup makes it go down easy. ;)
Really though, all at the same time for me. I'd ask the doc if there is any question, though.

I just took my cocktail. 5 1/2 pills and some Monster Cuba-Lima. The high fructose corn syrup makes it go down easy. ;)

You, sir are bold. I've grown paranoid of caffeine over the years. Used to be a fiend with Jolt and Mt Dew and coffee all day long. (do they even make Jolt anymore?)

I don't think they make jolt. I remember having a bunch in high school. I think that was the tail end of it.

Monster isn't too bad on caffeine. Its the B2, B3, B6, and B16 that will really get you going. Then the "Energy Blend" probably has the caffeine mixed in. This Pepsi I'm about to drink is worse. I just looked and see there is actually no HFCS in the Monster, but the Pepsi is nice an full of it. I really hate it, but any syrup makes the pills go down easy.

I can drink caffeine all day, and tomorrow drink none. I have no problems with dependency. I will not drink energy drinks within four hours of bedtime, though.

They do make Jolt! You just have to find one of those funky old school candy shops. We got one near us that sells candy cigarettes! If they make those they must make jolt.

Thanks for the posts .Boy you sure are hilarious(N sperlo),which is needed to deal with having E,not to mention the medications.

Doesn't the caffeine plus the meds have you strung out?I have enough to deal with the meds .adding those things mentioned i can be superman's side kick!!

Last edited:
Doesn't the caffeine plus the meds have you strung out?

Only when I'm tired does the blast of B vitamins get me strung out. Usually around 5 pm, I have to say no to energy drinks. The caffeine really doesn't get me and sometimes helps me sleep. I can down a soda with my medicine right before bedtime. I can only assume the caffeine is like an amphetamine being used to treat ADHD. Not as much as an effect on me as there is for anyone without ADHD. Keep in mind, energy drinks and sodas usually have about the same amount of caffeine.

I saw that you asked about caffeine (tea) and seizures; I have been told many times by my dr's and neurologist's that caffeine in general is not a plus. Not being an expert in the field, I found it interesting to see what others mentioned about other possible causes (triggers) of seizures. In the past I never had any of these others, just the coffee which is a NO-NO for me.

:cheers:

Just kidding. I really like this smilie cheers, so I use it alot, even though I have been told many times NO-NO with coffee.

Last edited:
Thank you guys.I agree coffee and sometimes tea is an absolute NO NO for some of us.

Been kept busy cause my 2 and 7 year old are ill. We have a very bad flu going around plus H1N1 alert which is mimicking the flu.MY seven year old was in hospital last week for his asthma plus he had fever(39.6 degrees c) vomiting,diarrhea and a mild chest infection.He was doing good but wednesday of this week the fever was back(38.0 degrees c)

Yesterday his fever was(39.1 degrees C) gave him fever reducer(16ml) he was coughing,he has belly ache,diarrhea.
Checked his temp. 2hrs later it was still the same.
Made him take a cold shower.

AT 4:40 am his temp. was 39.7 degrees gave him another 16ml fever reducer.
No diarrhea but he was still coughing complaining of tightness in his chest but he doesn't look like he is wheezing.
At 5:30 am his temp. was 38.7 degrees C
10:30 am 38.9 degrees C coughing,sore throat and stuffy nose.
11:30 am 38.9 degrees C still the same.
12:40 am 39.3 degrees C coughing,sore throat,stuffy nose,headache and eye pain.
gave him fever reducer.

I am not sure if to carry him back as he was there last week and yesterday.They said yesterday he was actually fine (though most of the symptoms started yesterday after they saw him)(he had a fever then too they gave him fever reducer too,this was early in the morning.They said the same for my 2 year old.

Last edited:
Did u just have a child? Hormones play a large part in seizure issues. I was seizure free for many years until after the birth of my daughter. Read books by orrin Devinsky, M.D. He is the director of the comprehensive epilepsy unit at NYU and is world known.

welcome to CWE debbie2.
Nice to have you.

In answer to your question no.I have a 2 year old and a seven year old.They were mentioned because as they are both ill at the moment and the fact that i have E,taking care of them has me feeling a little tired and i actually had a few partials that have left me feeling beaten up(rest being an important factor to me in my E control)
poor souls, i know how i feel when this thing is on me or after.

Last edited:
goodnight to all. not new but i have been offline for a whiiiiiiiiiilllllllleeeeeee.
how has the CWE family been.Still doling out kind words,a shoulder to cry on s to speak and lots of understanding and much needed info i see.Very wonderful that this forum is alive and well.

since i've been away i have finally got my seizures under control for six months now.untill this week when my neuro took me off of Lamictal(Lamictal 50mg 3 times daily, Dilantin/phentynol 100mg 3 times daily) i have been having some mild to mederate seizures. Gonna call my doc and let him know since he took me off of lamictal i have started having seizures more than i'd like. THIS SURE SUCKS!!!!!!.

I've never liked coffee but my time in the UK got me hooked on tea, so I drink it by the gallon. I was told the cream in it offsets the caffeine, don't know if that's true but I'm happy to believe it. Caffeine doesn't seem to affect me much anyway. Am trying to find out more on the hormone thing - going through the big M and my (male) doc sort of blows me off when I ask him about it. I'm seriously considering changing to a woman doc, might understand more.

how are you BlueCat,hope today was good for you.many smiles.

Gosh!!! great that caffeine isn't ab issue with you.Damn it sure taste sooooo gooood.But i can't have any.lucky you.

one of the things myself and i am sure others here have gone through is a doc who has a god complex stuck up his ass (too harsh?) part of being a good doctor is to listen to your patients.God i hate when they act that way,it,s insensitive. Please do consider a change,whether male or female of one who will work with you.it's enough stress dealing with what's going on with you without having to deal with a deaf doc.

gosh i am so tired of doctors telling you what they want like you don't know what happening to you and looking at you like how should you know(have you spent one day in medical school to even know anything; don't argue with me). on top of that you have to wait so long just to get an appointment(pay a mint too) and for what!!! i can't get get unto my neuro cause his secretary can't give out his number(he didn't see fit to give me when i asked)

being off of one of my meds not doing so good,better cause i'm still on one but the combo was working for me.Why he had to spoil a good thing. can't get onto the damn man(ever try to catch a fly?)

I also need to get some reliable info on simple partial,complex and secondary generalized seizures and symptoms that even a doctor will endorse,cause i'm having a 1hour meeting to get some of my o-workers educated.Can anyone help.

g

I also need to get some reliable info on simple partial,complex and secondary generalized seizures and symptoms that even a doctor will endorse,cause i'm having a 1hour meeting to get some of my o-workers educated.Can anyone help.

Best place I've found is the Epilepsy Fdn, Mayo Clinic and the like. Just type "epilepsy" in your search engine and they should all come up.

thank you blue cat. I did just that. The places that you mentioned were very helpful and gave info that my co-workers gobled up.

Just resent i began having simple partials(clusters) and some complex partials every day for a week. Unfortunately the following week things didn't improve for me. My husband ordered me to bed rest but sleeping was difficult day and night. He said one night while i finally got to sleep i began smaking my lips and chewing and 'speaking a foreign language' .I got them day & night. Lord i was exhusted. On the 20th of may i attempted to go to work and when i knew myself i was in the hospital. They gave me meds to stop the seizures. I slept for 2 days.

Can somebody tell me is it normal for this rising feeling in my stomach is supposed to stay with you so long?
Went to my neuro. today and he said that the funny feeling in my stomach could be anxiety but this feeling only comes on when i know a seizure is coming on. And the fact that i was seizing constantly makes me wonder.

He added Carbamazepine 200mgs(i'm already taking Dilantin 100mgs 3 times a day)three times daily also. God i'm already sick to my stomach. Does this get better?

Hi everyone. How has everybody been coping?
Sometimes I wonder what this world is coming to that human life isn't worth anything.

Imagine that a passenger plane could be shot down killing everyone on board?
I can't put it into words how horrible this is. Those families of the victims!!!!!!............ Children... God theymust be so broken hearted. They must be......... Lord! What can one say

Gosh I feel so horrible complaining about my lot in life. I'm cherishing everyday whether I have a good day or not.

Back
Top Bottom