Good Morning...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

beano619

New
Reaction score
Hello there,
I'm new here. I have had partial complex and simple seizures for about 15 years now; I am 34 now. They have always been an issue in my life, but in the last few years seem to have taken center stage as they have been affecting my life more than before. I have been on meds since being diagnosed and I'm hear to listen and to maybe find some other remedies to this as I still have seizures twice a month. I'm currently on keppra, trileptal and vimpat. My doctor also prescribed me ritalin for my add.

Welcome! We're here to answer stuff or listen if you just need to let off some steam!

There's some good jokes on one of these rooms. Always gives me a good laugh when I need one! šŸ˜€

I have been on meds since being diagnosed and I'm hear to listen and to maybe find some other remedies to this as I still have seizures twice a month. I'm currently on keppra, trileptal and vimpat. My doctor also prescribed me ritalin for my add.

Hi and welcome,

This Forum was created by Bernard out of love for his wife Stacy. This love permeates throughout the whole forum.

One other remedy that I use is Chamomile tea or Sleepy Time tea. It is really a big help.

For Keppra, you need to take Vitamin B Complex. Keppra depletes your body of vitamin B. My neurologist told me that when he put me on Keppra.

I've been taking a bunch of vitamins and herbs. I also take. Cal./mag/zinc combo as my body has been depleted by the other meds. I'll try chamomile. I have been on a strict keto diet for the last month and have been seizure free. We'll see how long it lasts!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I recommend that you stick with the keto diet, since you have been seizure free.

I am on the Glycemic Index Diet. It works for me. You stay on what works for you.

I am glad for you.

I'm happy it's going well. The longest I've gone seizure free was 35 days. Things got better after dropping gluten, and I think another major problem was being a little bit of an alcoholic! So far so good! I do look forward to learning from others!

When I was in my 21-25, I did drink a little bit of alcohol. I found out that it increased my seizures. So I stopped drinking all together, and my seizures lessened a lot.

Some people do better without gluten. How much gluten do we need? I have always wondered that. I went on a gluten free diet for a while. With me it did not increase or decrease my seizures.

Well I went back to work today after 3 weeks off because of injury and had a seizure while I was trying to reprimand one of my employees. A little embarrassing. This was day 28 without a seizure. :-(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom