Good Morning and Hello

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

biloxi93

New
Reaction score
I just wanted to say Hello before venturing off into the other boards. My 5 1/2 year old daughter was dx'ed with a Subependymal Heterotopia on the left side right before she was 2. I know for sure she had her first seizure when she was just over a year old. From that point on she has had 9 GM/TC seizures that I know of for sure. Mostly I believe that she has complex partial and focal seizures. I am feeling like a fool for not hunting down support until reciently and feel that I have put my childs development in danger :oops:. We are on our second neuro and feel very comfortable with him. Not at all like the first one who treated us like we were stupid for having any questions at all. Right now she is on Tegratol 500mg a day. Her dose was just upped at the beginning of the month. We have an appointment to see the neuro next week.
Thank you for developing a web site like this.

Hi biloxi93, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Sorry to hear about your daughter. It's good that you are asking questions and educating yourself about seizures/epilepsy. Feel free to jump in to any discussions you like or ask questions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom