Hello

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

whartonct

New
Reaction score
Hello eveyone, I'm new here.
My name is Chrissy. I don't know if they are drop seizures or fainting. Sometimes, out of the blue, I fall and when I come back, I'm on the ground. I even had to go to the ER even from hitting my head on pavement. The doctor says it's both, fainting and drop seizures.But, my seizures are just staring into space or being frozen. I don't know when they are coming. I don't have a specific thing when I know a seizure is coming on. Does anyone else have this?

Nice to meet you!

Most of my seizures come on with no warning. I'll be doing something and next thing I know someone's told me I've had a seizure.

During most of my seizures I'll just stare. I will have seizures where I'll walk around and do things. I have fallen a few times after one but that was when I was getting out of the shower so I think being on the wet floor had something to do with it.

There are people here who have had drop seizures and I'm sure you'll get some good advice from them.

Thanks for replying!

Thanks for replying! I fall even when it's not a wet floor. When I went to the ER, I was on a little incline on pavement and when it's not even on an incline, I sometimes fall. The doctors I go to think it's both, fainting and drop seizures. I even had a tilt table test done.

whartonct

Most of the seizures with a little bit of warning for my simple patials but not for my tonic clonics or complex partials or generallized seizures.

I usually don't remember I've had one either.

Back
Top Bottom