Hello

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hello. So I joined mostly because I had a question to begin with, though I was looking for an epilepsy forum but just kept putting it off. I'll ask my question elsewhere.

In any case I am 28 years old, a student in a Great Books liberal arts program. I have only partial seizures so far, though after what seems to have been an ecstatic episode, which I will load to my YouTube today hopefully, I almost had a gran mal, I think. But the drugs seem to be keeping me from going into one. I recently got a VNS device, though it does not seem to be working, or only partially.

I like wine, reading andwriting (I am hypergraphic) Also philosophy. I also like to try and keep up with the news, especially in Europe since I think the world exists beyond our country and what happens elsewhere affects us! I am somewhere between Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy. My former neurologist thought all this very interesting--my interesting in religion, similar to Dostoyevsky. And I am big on Dostoyevsky of course. And Aristotle.

Hi DH! Welcome to CWE!

At first glance I thought your user name was referring to Dostoevsky's coif. :) I am in the middle of The Idiot right now, getting a very different impression than when I skimmed it in high school (long before I developed epilepsy)...

Make yourself at home!

This is a great forum. I've gotten a lot of help and advice on here concerning epilepsy and seizures.

I also have a VNS. I still have seizures but not as many and they aren't as bad as before I got it. It has helped me out a good bit though.

Nice to meet you!

I, too, have gotten lots of help and good advice from this forum - welcome! :)

After going over thirty yrs w/ epilepsy(you can read my story on my about pg), my neurologist only just told me abt. the VNS treatment. At first I was all for it, but after reading more about it I got kinda' scared off - I mean, what if I go through all that, and then it doesn't work?
No thanks. I chose not to get it done. But I hear it has been very successful for many. I hope it works out for you.
I've had many grand mals and even more petit and partial seizures - too many to count! I choose to look for the good in having epilepsy. The best reason I can think of I have already posted elsewhere, but will repeat...
The reason that I am actually thankful for having epilepsy is that if I didn't have it I would have never considered adopting, and would therefore never have gotten my wonderful son! :)
So, yes, God has a reason for everything!

Thanks all. I had to put The Idiot back for a while. Reading for school. I am reading Bacon, whom I rather hate because I find him condescending. I do like the name though! Bacon!!!! Yummy!

Back
Top Bottom