Hello-Lord i sure am glad I found you......

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jules64

New
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Julie, & and I need a place to vent & meet & talk with like folks.Ive been the big e for 14 years & frankly, wwell, Im , over it. I just happened to be to surfing see if I could find out how others generally feel most of the time,(crappy) seizures: or not & ran across this foru:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:m. so GREETINGS!I hope to get input, since I dont know anyone else with epilepsy where I live. Best to all, may you all have have a seizure free night.....(Ill get used 2 posting

Thank you Court! Can I ask you a question? Not trying to be pushy, just wanna know, do you feel like crap most of the time, even when you havent had a seizure? Thx-Jules

depends on what you consider feel like like crap.
I feel like five miles of bad road on a regular basis, i can always find scabs chewed up bits, swollen parts, burning head aches.

but I always realize that my life could be so much worse, so I make it a point to enjoy what I have.

Hi Julie, and welcome! Most of the time I feel pretty good, and when I feel like crap it's usually because I haven't gotten enough sleep, am stressed about something, don't take time to relax, and so on. I've been seizure free for almost 2 months now, which is the longest I've gone since I was diagnosed in 1982. Virtually all of my seizures were complex partials, and when I would have several of those in a day for days in a row I would feel really tired and drained.
Sometime when I'm not really busy with my bicycle shop and helping my wife with her real estate business and rehearsing for a play I will write a thread about the changes I have made that has helped me be seizure free for so long. I hope you enjoy this place and keep hanging around.

Cheers!

Hi Julie, welcome to CWE!

I mostly feel okay (my seizures are currently controlled). There are med side effects that I'm not fond of, but they're basically tolerable.

CWE members are the best! Make yourself at home, and feel free to explore the different forums here.

Hi Julie and welcome to a great place to converse and explore!

As to your question: I have good days and bad. Some days I just swing between both states, sometimes 15 times or more. It's just crazy and really frustrating if things need to be done around the house. I get through it though and really try to take the fullest advantage of the good periods.

Stay strong!

Welcome Julie.

Most days I feel at least ok, some days much better. I am able to work full time, care for my 4 year old grandson most evenings after work, workout at the gym up to 5 days a week and go to bed dead tired only to not be able to sleep.Thankfully I have only experienced partial seizures so I have never physically hurt myself but as Arnie said above, when there a lots of them and they keep coming one after the other, often for days, I feel like hell. Because mine are partials it took over 3 years to get a diagnosis. Now since I have been on medication the last 9-10 months things are much better, not completely controlled but better. The very short partials don't really cause me to feel bad. I'm sure my doctor would be upset to know that anything under an hour I consider short, some are only 10-15 seconds though. I think I have only had one that ket going and going and going since I started meds and that was just a few weeks ago.

Most days I feel pretty good, especially for someone that has other health issues too.

Hello Julie,
welcome to CWE.
I was dx'd with epilepsy when I was 2 years old 50 years ago.
I've had a RTL(right temporal lobectomy) in Montreal,Canada.I had a VNS and been on about 23 meds.
I'm refractory and I can go a few months sz free or all of a sudden start having sz's like crazy.

Hi Julie. This is a great place to come and ask questions. You'll find out that there are people out there who may deal with the same issues as you and how they deal with them.

I've had epilepsy for 11 years. On average I have about 7 partials a month. It could be more however because most of the time unless there is someone there to see the seizure happen I don't know it did.

In general I feel good, I try not to let things get me down. After some of my seizures and the day after I will feel like crap. I'll have headaches and all I want to do is sleep.

Being mad a good bit of the time is the major thing that I deal with. I can't drive so I can't just hop in the car and go somewhere, I have to wait until there is someone who can drive me there. I usually can't do things by myself when I go places. Not because I may have a seizure but because there is always the person who drove me there with me.

Back
Top Bottom