hello , my name is kathy

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

kathyanne

New
Reaction score
Hi am not very good with forum's not sure how to use them , just to put you in the picture , i was diagnosed with epilepsy in 89 , was tried with two anti-epileptic drugs , then was told to go home and deal with it , 1 year later, we are now in 2011 and am still not getting help , I take tonic-clonic seizures , and am a full time carer to my youngest daughter who is severly autsitic, am very, very tired , frustrated, and taking these seizures up to , two a fortnight , am exhausted. I took two on tuesday(past) and the dentist who was treating me , noticed my pupils constricted to pinpoint, is this normal, my dentist is a dental officer and works in a dental hospital, and she is now writing a ''new'' re-referall to a neurologist, and she says it defo is not normal , my pupils constricted just seconds before seizure , would be good to find out after all this years , am on waiting list again to see neurologist ,

Hi kathyanne, welcome to CWE!

Unfortunately it can take awhile to get a proper diagnosis and successful treatment as well. It sounds like your dentist has your interests at heart, and I hope the neurologist can help.

The constriction of the pupil can be caused by a variety of things, though it's not ordinarily seizure-related. You can read about it in this thread from the archives: http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f23/seizures-pinpoint-pupils-pupil-size-11791/

Best,
Nakamova

okay thanks will check it out . I have waited since 1989 and now it's 2011, thats a long time !!! long enough --too long especially when i am a single parent to two girls , both of whom have disabilities . thanks x

My daughters seizures have been improved dramatically by making nutritional changes. Perhaps you can find ways to raise your seizure threshold.
Some of what I learned regarding my daughters seizures has also helped a son who is on the spectrum. Nutrition also helped with a few symptoms he was suffering from.
it is worth a try... you have nothing to lose.

Have u thought of changing ur doctor? I am not suggesting this but telling u that sometimes we follow are doctors so religiously and fear to change them that we usually get nothing out of it and our condition does not improve at all.

Hi, Kathy.

Welcome to the forum! Kick your shoes off and make yourself at home.

I agree about the new neuro. I'm glad you have a referral.

There are some interesting threads on here on pupil size. Go to the "search" function at the top right-hand side of the screen, click on it, then type in "pupils." Some helpful threads will pop up.

thanks :agree: , I have changed my diet , I am severly intolorant to dairy foods and eggs , wheat is another food I can not eat. I have IBS , had this for some years now.I'm not able to eat large meals , small and often is better for me . I do not smoke and hardly ever drink alcohol. I do not like sweet foods prefer savoury. I do drink tea though , extra strong but it does not contain caffiene. I can not take coffee it causes migraines.

As for changing my Dr's i have actually looked into that already, have enquired at a sugery in the nearest town, but as I'm not able to drive, it means catching public transport, which is okay , but I also have to fit it in with my daughter no'2 who is severly autistic and am her carer.i don't get support other than from my oldest daughter but she is in University , and not always here. I have actually found out that my local part time surgery has now taken on a new Dr and he seems really nice and will be making an appointment soon. I 'm really banking on my dentist writing of the letter to the neurologist.

I have had a better day today but am exhausted and dizzy but no more seizures since wed --whooo.

I will search for the '' pinpoint pupil'' have already looked at one of the threads , thanks to all of you , take care x, Kathyanne

Hi Kathyanne

welcome-2.gif

I'm glad to read that you had a better day today. :woot:

thanks, but today went all wrong .I had another appointment at the dentist, and took another two fits , tonic-clonic , am so tired , sore fed up , tongue is sore , and Iam aching all over .feeling sorry for myself, it doesn't help at all. I wish someone can help me , =( :cry:

I'm so sorry to hear you're having such a time with it. I hope you get to a good neuro'ist and find a control. Welcome to the forum, I think you'll find it a wonderful support, I know I have.

thanks , am alright at the moment .I haven't had any more fits so that is good , thanks for welcoming me . :bigsmile:

Back
Top Bottom