Hi everyone

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Pauline.F

New
Reaction score
Hello, everyone I'm new here and just getting the hang of this.

Hi my name is Pauline, and I have had epilepsy for 20 years, and it has recently gotten worse, I'm having several seizures a week, they are evaluating me for surgery and I'm very nervous and so is my family.I hope to spend much time here and getting support.

-Pauline

Hi,

Welcome to CWE. This is a great place to look around, read other peoples stories, have questions answered and make new friends!!

Hi Pauline, welcome to CWE!

A few folks here have had surgery, and will probably chime in. You can also search for surgery info and any other topic using the tab at the top. I guess the general recommendation would be: make sure you explore all options and ask a lot of questions! Surgery is usually a last resort, because the scarring from the operation can actually lead to more seizures. It depends a bit on how easy it is to localize the area where the seizures are originating.

I don't know if this is an option for you, but some folks have found that certain diets have helped reduce their seizures. Keeping a seizure diary can potentially help you identify any triggers -- dietary, environmental, physical, physiological, etc.

Best,
Nakamova

:cheers:

Welcome Pauline, come on in and have a seat. I will get the coffee.

It sounds like you have some pretty pro-active doctors. Much better than the 'wait and see' type. Spend some time here so you can be a part of your pro-active team. Lots of stuff to learn.

:cheers:

Hi Pauline

You have come to the right place for information and support. The people here are a great bunch! Welcome :)

Back
Top Bottom