hi im a new girl from iraq

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

jessica44

New
Reaction score
hello everybody, im from Iraq. i was diagnosed with epilepsy 4 years ago since then im taking tegretol. you know its difficult for someone with this disease to live in this country cause people think that you are kind of crazy. i recently found this website, its good to know people that have the same problem cause im not comfortable about talking with my friends about it. sometimes like the last 3 days im very depressed, i dont know weather it has something to do with my disease or its just because im watching too much
tv and see these famous people. im really about to get crazy.

Hey, welcome! I'm new here too and already I feel more more comfortable here about my epilepsy with complete strangers over the internet, than I do with my friends. You will find some very good advice here! Hang in there :)

Welcome to CWE Board. If you ever have a question or something to say just post it and I am sure someone will respond. You will feel comfortable here talking about your Epilepsy. Everyone here knows what it is like. Nice meeting you. Take care;)

Welcome to CWE

:cheers:

Come and visit our site often. We are a growing dinner party of people who can usually relate to each others problems. Even the most unique situations always seem to find a match here. Please feel free to post any questions you may have and don't hesitate to vent your frustrations.

We are very non-judgemental and try to support all. Epilepsy and depression seem to go hand and hand for many different reasons. Sometimes it is due to medication and other times simply due to the fact that we can't live a normal life.

When you are more comfortable with the site, I am sure many of us would like to hear more about you and where you live. But you can share that when you want (or never if you wish).

:cheers:

Hi there

Jessica, it's nice to meet ya! I see Buckeye's already been here with his YUMMY coffee!:pfft:

This is probably the BEST site to be....Mr B has made us an AWESOME home here, so feel free to check out all the nooks and crannies......the Library, the Padded Room, Speber's Auditorium, the Kitchen......and more.

Kick up your feet and stay awhile, why don't you? I'm sure you're going to find quite a few friends here. And guess what? We do understand how you feel, too.......really, we do.

Take care,

Meetz
:rock:

Jessica - Welcome to CWE
It is still hard for me to discuss this disorder with many people because they just don't want to understand. Most are just self absorbed. I hope that you find CWE a safe spot to visit occasionally.

Hi Jessica,

Welcome to the board and I hope your can talk to the people here about your epilepsy.
I've had epilepsy since I was 2 years old.

I take Tegretol, Topamax,Clonazepam

Belinda

Welcome to CWE :hello:

It's a top place Mr. B. has made here - loads of info, and friendly support.

It's a great place to talk, especially if you can't with friends...got to remember it can be hard for them too...the one's who are worth it will stick around and will come to support. We all need time to adjust and cope.

Hope you find what you need here, I'm sure you will :):)

Hi Jessica! Welcome to CWE. As you can see, a nice group of people. So feel free to ask questions, vent, or just chime in. :)

Hi Jessica

I also find it really hard to talk about my epilepsy, I cannot stand people to judge me because of it, a person has to really earn my trust for me to let the big E out of the bag and if they stick around then you've found yourself an understanding ear, if they run away, then they were not a true friend to begin with.

I have had absence seizures for 20 years, but despite trying several meds they remain uncontrolled and happen daily, I am currently taking Lamictal.

The Crazy Monkey

welcome to CWE ! :hello:
Feel free to vent , ask any questions you want, joke, whatever.
C u in the forums !

I Jessica,
This is a really great place to be. You'll find support from everybody and find out stuff you didn't know that's so helpful. Welcome! Jan

:hello: Jessica!

Welcome to CWE and feel free to browse
around and make yourself a home!

:tup:

Aloha Jessica, and welcome to our home. Here you will find all things that nourish the body and the soul of those who live with or love someone with seizures. It will keep you warm, and fill you with acceptance and information. You will emerge a better patient and a better advocate for your own health. You will also find validation for many things that a doctor never asks or we might not volunteer so as not to appear 'nuts'. Enjoy this group and know that you are among many here.:e:

Welcome

I can say that in the very short time I have been here the support has been so wonderful. We have been living with E with our daughter for 17 months, and for all that time I did not have CWE. Thankfully my best friends Laura sent me here.......everyone here is comforting and wonderful. The resources are beyond imagination.
~Ryn

Hello Jessica,

Welcome. I only know what kinds of people are subject to Epilepsy. ALL KINDS! As far as not being able to talk about it, just consider the company. I used to be much more open with my problems, and now I only discuss them if someone asks about them. I try not to use my problem as an excuse....

Some people will feel very sorry for you ("Oh, Stace, maybe we can get you a handicap license plate" I'm not handicapped.) Oh Stace, maybe you shouldn't go, I don't want you to get hurt. Oh Stace, You shouldn't take a bath, you might drown! (I actually had a Dr. tell me this)... Don't cook, you might burn yourself. The list goes on.

In all actuality, you are the one who knows you and your limitations best. Listen to that inner voice, and don't pay attention to the rest of the yahoos out there who think they are superior. Truth is, they just have different problems... except Bernie of course, he's perfect.

Back
Top Bottom