I cannot thank you all enough!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

ToryMagoo

New
Reaction score
I know I told you a little bit about myself,
but in order for you to actually *get* how totally amazed I am,
please let me describe for you a bit more.

I got Epilepsy at the age of 18, many, many years ago. (I'm 66 now,
to give you an idea).

At 22 I made the huge mistake of quitting college and joining a cult:
$cientology. Of course there was zip, zero, NO information about the darker sides of it. As a Hippie and 22 years old ....I (and many others) believed
the shit Hubbard was spitting out. I joined their Sea Organization, signing a 1 BILLION year contract. (Hey! We were hippies--it was the 60's!) :):roll:

Soon after I joined, guess what happened? Yup---I ran out of my medication. Ok, I thought no big deal---they'll help me.

WRONG. I was kicked out, being ordered OFF of my much needed medication. I was ordered to do this "Program": a combination of vitamines
and Dianetic auditing (counseling). Neither worked. I was treated sort of like a leper (only worse).

Thankfully, after many Grand Mal Seizures, my Mom saved my life--insisting I get back on my medication THAT DAY or she was flying out to LA, and "Trust me Tory----L Ron Hubbard and Scientology will NEVER forget your Mother". I spent 29 more years fighting this organization, until I finally DID get on the Net (they scare people into NOT looking, plus it's a "high crime"), woke up and escaped out.

ALLLLLLLLLLLLL during this time, I have never, ever met or spoken to *a* person with Epilepsy. I know---crazy----but true.

So imagine how grateful I am to you ALL! Reading your stories
is utterly a m a z i n g to me!! :woot: Things that I have had all of my adult life, things I considered "odd, and just part of *me*"....what a shock to find out Many of you experience the same, or s/t similar!

Anyway....I just wanted to tell each of you, thank you very, very much. Thank you very much to Stacy and Bernard who created this site. What a great site! :cheers:

My best to ALL :flowers:

Tory/Magoo

Hi Tory, and welcome! What an amazing history you have. I'm glad you found us here and have decided that you're not "weird", or that even if you might be, you have a lot of company! Right? :) Sounds like you are doing pretty well now.

Again, welcome!

Onward and upward!

When I looked at this thread on my phone a Church of Scientology advert came up. Somewhat disturbing.

Welcome and do be comfortable. We're all together on this boat, and that's a wonderful thing.

ToryMagoo

We help you and you help us, so it goes both ways.

Arnie...

:roflmao: I shall always be in the weird boat, quite happily, I might add. I wouldn't have it any other way. :) Thanks for your kind words!

Yes...I have quite a history, this is for sure. It's been a wild ride...and thankfully, just keeps on getting better.

JaneC---yes, $cientology puts up ads on Any Ex-$cientologists YT sites...for exactly what you just said: To freak people out so they won't watch the videos, exposing their abuses. (Or to create a confusion: "They're really part of $cientology"...something they TRY with each person who leaves, saying it covertly....but soon it just shows how utterly insane they are. Thanks for letting me know that was a concern of yours. I understand.

BlueCat--yes! We are all in this together...and I'm so very happy I've found
each of you :)

Fedup-----agreed: We can help each other: :clap:

Love to you all, and Happy Easter :rose:

Tory/Magoo

Back
Top Bottom