I don't enjoy sleeping my life away!

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

GregA

New
Reaction score
I don't enjoy sleeping my life away Hopefull E.E.G gives answers:soap:

Are you fatigued from meds, or from seizures? Or from both?

Yeah, me too. i slept away my saturday. not from a seizure this time, just from random exhaustion. Hopefully the EEG does show something, but remember, just because nothing shows up, doesnt mean that you dont have E. the EEG is a hit or miss test.

I know that my meds make me tired. I usually pass out around one and sleep for about 2 hours. If I have a sez the day before, I am sleeping all of the next day, they really suck the energy out of me.

i think thats another good reason for me not driving as long distances in a car /van make me fall asleep to easily
(especially after a hard days gabbing to the public)

Hi GregA, welcome to the forum. :hello:

My wife had a really tough time when she was taking Depakote. It turned her into a zombie - tired and sleeping all the time. She couldn't tolerate that drug at all. She's much more function while taking Dilantin.

Are you taking an AED right now? Sometimes it takes a while for the body to acclimate to a new AED. If you've been taking one for a while, perhaps there is another which would work better for you.

Back
Top Bottom