I had 2 grand maul siezure with in 6 hrs.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am a preschool teacher I am 38 and work for a federal agency and have worked there for 5 years. I have 5 kids 2g 22 & 17, 3b 11 & 10 and 5 and granddaughter that 4. My husband has a back injury. On Jan 5 2006 I was driving home from work when I had a car accident. I hit a park car it was really close to my house and took it two house down. I hit hard. I do not remember much of what happen after the accident but just pieces and my family member filled in the rest. The police arrive and assumed I was a meth use and said it in front of my children. the police were very mean to me because they assumed they were dealing wuth a drug user. My eyes were dialated to 7. I do not remeber nothing about the impact but I do remember asking the parametic on the way to the hospital if I am in Tracy (I was coming from Tracy). I was required to do a field serbritey test at the hospital and failed it. Did a urine didn't find anything. Did a blood test and they found zanax in my blood that I had taken the night before I suffer from anxiety and did not feel right the previous night. They are charging me with a DUI. I was not arrest that day but sited at the houspital. I have to go to court tomorrow I am scare an intimated about what happen. But anyways I had a grad maul seizure in the hospital and the figured that I had a had a grad maul siezure and wha put on seizure med and then diagosed ith seizure disorder. All my test from the nerougist came back normal. I did have try more that one medicine and chaging medicine was hard to. This has put me in a deep depression because I lost my car( my license), had 2 seizure in one day and the police treated me horriable and I have to face a Judge tomorrow. I did alot of stress at the time of the accident but I have been through in the 3 month is a nightmare I can't get away from. I can tell you I learned more about seizure talking to a boy at the doctors epilephy that anyone one else. :(

Hi Elizabeth, sorry to hear about your circumstances, but welcome to the forum. :hello:

There is a lot of information here about epilepsy and seizures. It sounds like you may have been post-ictal (confused state post seizure) when the police arrived at your accident scene. Unfortunately, most police are not trained to recognize or handle seizures or post-ictal states.

Most people with uncontrolled seizure disorders have to learn to cope with the loss of driving privilages and depression. You are by no means alone.

Keep your head up as best you can and take things one day at a time. EEGs and other tests from the Neurologist frequently come back normal for people experiencing seizures. All it means is that the tests did not capture any seizure activity at the time that they were conducted. Hopefully you will find some definitive answers. :)

You say you had a prescription for Zanax, and came back clean on a blood tox test, yet charged with DUI. Does your state have laws about powerful prescription drugs and driving?

Did you have a seizure before or after taking the Zanax?

You have a full plate and a lot to deal with. Take care of yourself first. Be kind to yourself. Everything happens for a reason.

Please let us know how things go for you. (((hugs)))

The xanax did not show up in my urine but did show up in blood so my public defender said I that I must not had much if it did not show in my urine. (I already knew that) I went to the public defender and I am going to jury trial. The police report said I as under the influence of a stimulant and xanax is an anxiety medicine not an upper.

hi there my name is kitty and im new to this forum, but i wish you all the best!! and hope all goes well for you, i to have tried diffrent meds and allso now suffer with depression!!
but if you ever want to chat to me you are more than welcome!!
take care for now from kitty

hi lizbeth!

Hi there, my name is Margaret, I am 48, I have 7 children ( 4g, 3b ) & 3 grandsons! Sorry for your predicament, hope it all sorts itself out eventually!
I have just started driving again ofter about 2years ( voluntarily ) but it really was a hassle! Have you considered your options? Is surgery possible? I only ask because I am a surgery survivor! Give it lots of thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom