I'm new here - slightly nervous

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Emmie Lou

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone i'm Emma I'm 23 years old i was diagnosed with Epilepsy aged 11 i also have various other medical conditions including hydrocephalus, arthritis, kidney conditions and am partially sighted and hard of hearing the problems i have all link to me being born with rubella syndrome.

i dont really believe that other people can understand what i am going through if they havent experienced it so joined this forum to talk to people who have an understanding of where i'm coming from.

i hope i am welcome here and meet lots of friendly people :)

Hi Emmie Lou, welcome to CWE!

I'm glad you've found our party -- great guests, great conversations, great support, and some laughs thrown in for good measure. Feel free to wander and explore the different forums here, and post and chat as the mood strikes.

Best,
Nakamova

Welcome dear! Dont feel nervous, we all do understand what u have been through! We are all here for u whenever u want any advice. Take care!

Emmie Low, I'm glad you found this forum.

It is confronting to talk to people who DO understand.

I hope you will find answers to questions that you have.

Always feel free to join on in there.

Emmie Lou,
Welcome!
Lol, yes, some laughs thrown in for good measures!... I think jyearta likely meant to say it is 'comforting' to talk to people who understand.
And it is, definately.

Hi Emmie Lou - so glad you joined us. :)

welcome-86.gif

Hi Emmie Lou,
I'm new here also...I'm a LOT older than you...lol...but new diagnosed to Epilepsy as of 2 months ago. I also have lots of other medical problems. Everyone here is REALLY nice and makes you feel at home. They have lots of answers and advice, so you are in the right place! Nice to meet you! :)

Emmie Lou,

Welcome to the forum! This really is a friendly, supportive place with nice people and good information. You are among good friends here.

I'm so sorry you are going through all that. It seems a little overwhelming, and I have a lot of respect for your strength and resiliancy. You are doing great given all the physical burdens that you have.

Rubella syndrome is something that is so preventable - just a vaccine for everybody, espeically for the people around your family, and your mom before she was pregnant. The lack of it has left you with such a slew of problems. I wish I had a magic wand and could wave away everything you are going through.

In the meantime, big hugs. <<<<<hugs>>>>>

Welcome, welcome, welcome.

:)

Hi Emmie Lou and Welcome,

I don't fully understand all of your medical problems, but I do understand epilepsy as I have had it now for over 30 years and have tried numerous treatments. I also have several other medical problems and it all is overwhelming at times, so you have come to the right place to share your burden(s).
Welcome once again. :hello:

Last edited:
greetings

Emma! welcome to the forum. This is a great place to get away to when you are feeling up or down. Support and information goes a long way in surviving and getting the best quality of life we all strive for.

Glad you are here! :bigsmile:

Hi Emmie welcome to the forum, You will find this site very helpful. and hope you enjoy it as much as i have. All the best from Bluelammy your local scouser.

Hi Emmie,

I am also new here. Never posted before. But I hear where you are coming from. I have have three special needs children and it is amazing how many people state that they know what I go through, and clearly they have no idea. I am a 45 year old mum with epilepsy from age 12.

Back
Top Bottom