Intro

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Athena22

New
Reaction score
Hi, my name is Gloria.
I'm introducing my self since I will be using this forum from time to time.
You can message me to say hi if you want : )

Hi Gloria :) Welcome! (I'm new here, too)
You mention you'll be 'using this forum from time to time".
Can you share a bit more of your story?

Do you have Epilepsy or are you studying it?
Just curious.

My best,

Tory

Alrighty then, I have epilepsy and I am studying it, currently 19 and I've had it since I was in middle school. So that's that why I'm on this forum, most likely I will be using this forum from time to time, when I have questions about my Epilepsy ._.

Hi Gloria.

Welcome to the CWE. This is the best place on the internet to get those questions answered. :D

Alrighty then, I have epilepsy and I am studying it, currently 19 and I've had it since I was in middle school. So that's that why I'm on this forum, most likely I will be using this forum from time to time, when I have questions about my Epilepsy ._.

Perfect! Thanks for letting us know.
Welcome to the board, and yes, ask away :)

My best,

Tory/Magoo

My name is Athena2242 and I have had Absent and Granmal seizures since middle school. As I far as I could remember I would always shake, like basically twitch. Someone thought It was something to due with anxiety. I didnt think so. Even for instance drawing, my gateway, I would still find shake twitching in my hands. and feet, shoulders and neck. I dont know if it would be considered an absent sieuzer.. Or simpley a twitch?
But its caused me to self consious, to loose self esteem in myself, and gain anxiety. I would feel as though many would be looking at me when my leg would suddenly twitch out of nowhere or my hands and legs began to shake. I would began to tell lies. Lies that I was always cold. and thats why I would shake all the time. This guy I liked would kiss my at one point in middle school ...and then pull back, look at me...and say " your shaking o.o"
I felt so embarrassed. I lost control completely at that point. I told him that I was really cold and that was why. He knew about my epilepsy then and thought I was going to have an attack. He freaked out and took me inside...I felt so embarrassed...: P..I should t have, but I did.We would see each other in highschool and stuff and I would like him still but w/e because....this is a bit TMI...he told my best friend at the time who was a huge back stabber that due to my epilepsy I could never have sex, that if I did I would have a seizure. WTFH??? I seriously don't know.....just I don't know why I feel embarrassed any more. I feel embarrassed that I kissed that guy.

I am on Vimpat, Topomate, and folic acid. My Shaking has resided to my hands. It is not as noticeable as before, but is still there. For example when I am typing an I stop, my fingers will shake. I used to draw. Maybe that will help focus my fingers on something. Possibley it has been the use of epilepsy medication on me that caused this? I remember several epilepsy medications in the past making me shake and leaving tremors throughout my entire body...Maybe this is simply me. I'm not sure...
I also have this rash(TMI) That I forget the name of. Seborrhoeic eczema. for awhile now...since middle school.it will always recurr forever. I just call it my leopard spots and imagine myself as a fiery spotted leopard. Not weird.
If you have something similar with the tremors....or w/e you just wanna comment, comment it would be really helpful
I'm on 200mg on the Vimpat, and 150 on the Tompomate. The Vimpate is hitting me freakishly hard. I didnt know if it was my own self being tired and fatigued and having headaches, or the medicine until l I read the comments about Vimpat. I don't know If I should ask to switch medicines or stay. This is a safe drug so far? questionable. Will it get in my way of getting a job over the summer? Will I have to drink coffee all day when I need to focus?

Last edited:
Dear Aethena,

Ahhhhhhhhhhh...I remember your age SO well. I will tell you this, and it's kind of a little secret that most do not talk about at your age, but it's true for many, many people:
NO MATTER THE CONDITION:::: Most people at your age are embarrassed, feel like they stand out, are not as good as others, wish they could be like ____ or did not have _____, etc. I promise you this is true.

No, no one will talk about it, as it's not "cool"...and it causes a great deal of pain. IF Everyone would just *admit* yes, they also feel the same...everyone would feel SO much happier. :woot:

Some schools have actually tried this out...and helped the kids work on being more positive and inclusive (vs exclusive) with each other. The results have been astoundingly great for ALL.

I've had E since I was 18, but it's been controlled, except when I was "in" $cientology and they made me get off of it. From that I had HUGE Grandmal Seizures, lost my short term memory--and thankfully my Mom fought for me or I'd be dead. (Another person w/ E did follow their "program" and IS dead!)

Feeling bad (and eventually good) about yourself is honestly a life long process we ALL need to work on. There's a great book: "You Can Heal Your Life" by Louise Hay. I **Highly** recommend it. Also another great book is called "The Four Agreements". I'd say get both of these and start working on *you*. Until you are happy with you, no matter what the 'condition', situation, relationship, etc----you will be searching for one thing:

:hugs:

It's right here: We love you!

Love yourself, surround yourself with good people who love you.
If they don't...find other friends. But know this: THEY are just as 'screwed up' or thinking they are, as you are. (And just think, they DON'T have such a cool Web sight to go to where people *get* their situation, you do :) :banana:

:cheers:

Tory/Magoo

TMI?

Sorry if it was too much information
(or views)....really just my :twocents:

Be well, and thanks for sharing your story!

Tory/Magoo

Back
Top Bottom