Link between UC & EP

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

RanMan

Too Much Experience with Epilepsy
Reaction score
I've had a "seizure condition" (epilepsy) and Ulcerative Colitis for 34 years.
Although it has not been medically documented, my neurologist, (Professor of Neurology, McMaster University, Hamilton,Ont. Canada) highly believes that both of these conditions go hand in hand because they are both STRESS related.
Treat the seizure condition first and then treat the Ulcerative Colitis.

As most of you know, stress effects everyone in a different way, in my case it causes "mental blocks" or "auras or break through seizures".
That usually happens AFTER a stressful event when your natural defenses are down, it attacks.
My AEDs are keeping it in check.

Randy

Treat the seizure condition first and then treat the Ulcerative Colitis.
And maybe try the other way around too -- make sure the body and brain are able to get proper nutrition, and see if that helps with the seizures too...

"Link between UC & EP". I'm living proof. :(

I've had my seizure condition (epilepsy) for years. After being on twelve different AEDs
to treat my seizure condition they ruined my insides. In turn causing Ulcerative Colitis (UC) & Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). That lead to me needing my gall bladder out. :(

Living with (UC) & (IBS) as a daily up hill battle. :( Stress from (UC) & (IBS) causing me to have seizures. Or seizures causing my (UC) & (IBS) to act up. It's and endless cycle of pain and stress. What I feel is beyond depression.

Maybe if all those special doctors out in Hollyweird could help real patients. If they get there head out of the clouds, and stop worrying about inventing the prefect fake boob.
Perhaps they could help come up a cure for (UC) & (IBS).

Back
Top Bottom