long time no see

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I haven't been at this sight for quite a while. Through the last year I've continued to have seizures. However I've had less. As a matter of fact I had one yesterday and one early this morning. The one I had this morning resulted in me pushing my foot against the wall and sliding it down which in return resulted in me tearing off the same toe nail I did about six months ago. And they were the first I've had in five weeks. I feel better about myself even though we're losing our home. I'm not sure if I'm having less seizures because of the meds or the fact that we've decided to let the bank take the house and move on. By deciding to let the bank take the house instead of fighting to keep it has meant less stress and pressure wich Y believe helps to cause seizures. Over time we'll have a better idea iit's less stress different meds or a combination. I'm hoping to have even less ( who isn't) in hopes the dr. will remove some of the meds. After all I still take too many. Sorry to have not been around for a while and will try to stop by more often. Wishing everyone a happy day.

Hi Kardsharque, nice to hear from you!

I'm so sorry that you are losing your home, but it sounds like you've reached a good place otherwise and are as you say moving on. I hope the seizures continue to decrease. And that your toenail heals quickly. (I've ripped off a toenail without having a seizure. It's not pretty.)

Another thing I didn't mention that could be related to less seizures recently is the fact that the dr.s found blood clots in the back of my head which in return resulted in me being on a blood thinner again. It only makes sense that the clot would interfere with the amount of oxygen I recieve.

Hey Kardsharque

Glad to see you're back. And that you're not having so many seizures. I'm pleased that the stress is less, though it is a bummer that you have had to take the route of letting go of your house.

Stick around! And keep up the great work with the fewer seizures!

A house is just a house.....Your health is much more important! I am so glad that the stress has let up since you made that decision. Hopefully your new toenail will grow back stronger than the last two :banana:

Back
Top Bottom