maybe nothing

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigger

New
Reaction score
Hi my little girl gets pins and needles in her feet alot. Her doctor mentioned that this maybe an Aura.
Today she came home from school and said that her left leg felt really horrible today :ponder:
I asked what happened and she said she felt very strange then her leg felt it had lots of needles being put into it . She said it didn't hurt very much but that she couldn't move her leg for a while.
She never mentioned anything to her teacher but looked worried when she explained it to me.
I guessed maybe cramp but that hurts like mad so I'm not sure .

Could this be seizure related or just one of those things. This happened to me once when I was a little older then her . Same thing I just couldn't move my leg at all for a few minutes. I never mentioned it to my mother .

Does she have a history of seizures?

If not....I would not worry too much myself (although I would keep a good eye on her of course). It could be a minor spinal mis-alignment from a fall...I have experienced this myself, mine was easily corrected with minimal chiropractic help...no worries if so.

If so, I would DEFINITELY get her doctor's opinion as it is a new symptom that should be factored in!

Good Luck!
Speber
:rock:

Yes, some people do experience a pins and needles feeling as an aura, but that is not the only possibility. It could be something as simple as having sat too long and it 'fell asleep'. I can get that feeling in my arms and it has nothing to do with E. Either way, document it for her next doctor visit.

Hope all is well otherwise.

:rock:

Thank you very much.

We are seeing her doctor on thursday so I will mention it. I did wounder if it was cramp but we will see.

I know what she is feeling, i have it every morning in my hands, iv had sense i was a kid, some times almost nothing and sometimes worse. Im having at this time in my right hand, its strange feeling. And mosly i only have it for maybe maximum 30 min, but it does mean i have not buttons on my clothes :) when u have that u dont really wanne touch things!

But last year i had one "big" one that involved my entire body which has never happened before and that was scary. And it just never went away i had for almost 3 hours. But u cant really do anything, just sleep it away.

Thank you

Do you know why it happens.
Is it anything to do with epilepsy or something else.

Hey,

It does have to do with EP i cant remember what thou, Iv had so long so i cant remember what the doc said. But i now sent my mum a email about it and asking why. She should know! When it comes to my EP she a memory like a elephant, i think she can tell u every thing the doc has said sense i got it :)

Ok i talked to my mum, she said that it has to do with EP, it is an attack. And u should talk to the doc because he might have to adjust her meds. It might help.

On me it never has, but its getting better and better the older i get. Now days its not every morning any longer and its not effecting me that much, or at least i can use my hands more then to hold a cup for a few sec :) i mean im even writing on my laptop now :)

When Rebecca was taking Lamictal, she had a weird side effect where her leg would spasm. It was like a heavy duty twitching that you could observe. I was told that it was a type of a seizure, and that I could give her ativan if it continued. My conclusion was, this had never happened before, nor did it happen when she took other medication. If a drug was producing new and different types of seizures, then it wasn't right for my daughter.

She has never had them again.
Now she is med free.

Yes lamictal can cause myoclonic seizures. What about circulation? Hands and feet going to sleep? I only suggest these things cause I don't like to miss out and I don't like to over think things. Just a thought.

Thank you all very much.

She talked about it again today and this time mentioned that her leg was twitching alot . I feel that it was some kind of seizure. I'm going to consultant Thursday so I will let you know what he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom