mom of teenager with complex partial ciezures

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronda

New
Reaction score
My daughter has had cps since she was 5 she is now 17We are having a problem finding a drug to control the siezures. There is a possibility that she coud have tuberous sclerosis but the testing was not conclusive. She is worried about how she will get around once she doesn't live at home, since she can't drive. How do other teens deal with this problem? At the current time she is on trileptol and keppra but we may be changing this since she has had a breakthrough in the last week.

Last edited:
Hi Ronda,
I want to welcome you to CWE. There are some threads related to driving on the site
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f23/driving-epilepsy-2528/
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f27/do-you-think-driving-laws-fair-regards-epilepsy-983/
http://www.coping-with-epilepsy.com/forums/f23/ever-lose-your-job-because-you-couldn-t-drive-2218/

If there are other issues that you are interesting in finding out more, go to SEARCH in the menu and type in the word that you want and a page of suggested threads will pop up.

My daughter is 16 and we have not found an AED to control her seizures, plus the side effects were not acceptable so we have turned to alternative treatments.
Next week she is having her first Neurofeedback appt.

Glad you joined us.

Welcome! This group is really good about answering questions, or admitting we have no clue. :) As for your daughters concerns about driving....When I was her age, I went off to the university, and pretty much walked everywhere. If I wanted to come home for the weekend, either my parents would come get me, or I'd find someone else headed that way and get a lift. I had to wait till I was 21 before I got my DL. Now, if I didn't have my DL, I'd prolly end up riding a bike all over. WHere there's a will, there's a way. :)

thanks, for the info. please let me know how your daughters appt goes.Neruofeed back is new to me, I'm interested in her results. As a mom,I'm sure you feel the same way, I'm willing to research anything that will make my daughters life better.

Hi Ronda, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Make yourself at home here. :)

:hello: Ronda!

Glad you've found your way here at
CWE! Welcome aboard! I too suffer
from CP's so I can relate to it all.
Feel free to browse around and make
yourself a home and learn!

:)

Hi! I'm 16 and don't drive because of my seizures. I usually hitch a ride from one of my friends or my parents if it is too far away of if the weather is bad or I walk or jog to the place I want to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom