New to epilepsy, any help needed.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Peterkay

New
Reaction score
Hi guys

I'm male 25 and have recently suffered from seizures, a lesion of some sorts was found on my right frontal lobe. I have underwent surgery but it has not been confirm if it was successful and my next MRI won't be for at least six months.

I'm on 2000mg of keppra per day which I respond log ok to. I have not seen a neurologist to date but am expected to see one in the next few months(a epileptic nurse prescribed me keppra). I was walking down the street today and started to feel very strange, nose starting burning and visuals and hearing went all funny. My heart starts racing which I think was due to me getting a bit panicked. I have been with my GP a few times but he has very little knowledge in this area.

I'm thinking of going to A and E and describing the symptoms I was having in the hope that i can see a neurologist straight away.

Would this be advised?
Any additional advice greatly appreciated as I'm very new to this situation and my knowledge and experience is limited.

Back
Top Bottom