New to the forum

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
So, I joined years ago, but forgot.

I'm going to emu next week to confirm if I am a candidate for Neuropace. I've haven't been able to control my seizures on any meds. I take Onfi now and it also isn't working.

Hi Karen, welcome [back]!

Good luck with the EMU, hope the Neuropace is a good option for you.

Howdy and welcome. I had never heard of that NeuroPace. So I looked it up.
It sounds interesting. Please keep us informed on how that works out for you.
Right now I have the VNS. With that I'm better than I was but I'm still have more seizures than I want to have.

Topcat,

The newer VNS also has a responsive component to it. They are coming up with smarter systems.

The Vns can stop working at anytime if your sz's are refractory don't even try the VNS. The doc's did with me and it did very little good.

RNS and VNS both need the battery replaced. Both are an effective treatment for many with refractory seizures but the effectiveness improves over time for most who respond to it. I hope they refine understanding on what populations VNS isn't helpful for so people aren't misled. And while RNS sounds super amazing, it won't be for everyone either.

Back
Top Bottom