New to the forum and quite overwhelmed.

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Dribbles

New
Reaction score
Hi, how is everyone today? I signed on here quite some time ago just to educate myself, now it seems that life is taking a sharp left turn for my family. My fiance has epilepsy. He has done nothing about it most of his life, being a simple country boy growing up he never really even knew what his epilepsy was, the doctors just said "You have epilepsy, that means you will have seizures". He has recently (July 2011) been having more frequent Grand maul seizures (not sure if that is even spelled right), they changed from once or twice a year at night, usually sleeping, to a few a month, during the day. So we start our journey with doctors, neurologists, MRI's, therapists and such.

I am feeling a little intimidated by the situation, we just moved in together and are now being told he can not work, which is awful news for us with 4 children to raise between the 2 of us. I love him with all my heart and have no ideas of going anywhere. I am just so scared, for him and our family, but I have hiked up my socks and put on clean underwear, I know this will be hard, but I am here to support and carry him whenever needs be.

Guess I am just wondering, now what do I do, what can I do??

Welcome Dribbles,
May I ask re: his work situation? Was he told by his neuro that he has to leave his job? If so is it temporary until things are under control? If you don't mind, a few more details may help us help.

Indeed, ask away. The last time he saw his neurologist was almost 2 years ago and only because I made him go see his Dr. lol

He got dizzy at work and they told him that by their health protocol that he had to see the Dr. and get the ok from him to go back.

His Dr. got in touch with the neurologist and his previous family doctor and all decided that he could not go back to the job he had and would need to have restrictions on any future job. We have been told to seek out temporary disability until they can get everything looked at and figure out what is causing them. That is really all that has been said to us other than the 3 pages of stuff he is not to do.

And that was almost two years ago? Why? I'm wondering unless you live in a small isolated town a time frame like that isn't heard of when it comes to E. Maybe time to get referred to a different neurologist? Sometimes they will sit on their laurels unless you force them, and of course, those are the ones that aren't worth your time.
Is there other neuro options where you are that will get the ball rolling?

hi, how is everyone today? I signed on here quite some time ago just to educate myself, now it seems that life is taking a sharp left turn for my family. My fiance has epilepsy. He has done nothing about it most of his life, being a simple country boy growing up he never really even knew what his epilepsy was, the doctors just said "you have epilepsy, that means you will have seizures". He has recently (july 2011) been having more frequent grand maul seizures (not sure if that is even spelled right), they changed from once or twice a year at night, usually sleeping, to a few a month, during the day. So we start our journey with doctors, neurologists, mri's, therapists and such.

I am feeling a little intimidated by the situation, we just moved in together and are now being told he can not work, which is awful news for us with 4 children to raise between the 2 of us. I love him with all my heart and have no ideas of going anywhere. I am just so scared, for him and our family, but i have hiked up my socks and put on clean underwear, i know this will be hard, but i am here to support and carry him whenever needs be.

Guess i am just wondering, now what do i do, what can i do??
hang on sounds like your genuine things will be fine .what meds

Hi Dribbles, just wanted to officially welcome you, and hope you feel free to ask questions, comment, chat, etc,

Best,
Nakamova

Back
Top Bottom