New here

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Trickshot

New
Reaction score
Hi Im Mike. In 2010 i was diagnosed with an in-operable brain Tumour. i was origionally on 1500mgs of keppra a day and that was ok. The doc recently upped it to 2000mgs a day and i dont feel like myself. Im irritable, cranky and letting all the small things bother me.................Help:brain:

Hi Mike --

I moved your post to The Foyer, so folks could see it and welcome you. Welcome!

Keppra's known for making folks cranky. Some have found that taking a Vitamin B6 supplement helps with this particular side effect.

Another possibility --ask your doc about backing off your Keppra dose slightly to see if the side effects recede, but you still have seizure control.

Best,
Nakamova

Hi Mike!

I'm unalbe to have surgery so I'm on a good bit of meds and one of them is keppra.

My neuro increased my keppra last spring and my husband said I wasn't myself anymore. I stopped taking the extra dosage and he said I was back to my normal self again.

I also get irritable, cranky and letting all the small things bother me too, even before the dosage was increased and still do. I got some B6 today and I'm going to give it a try. Hopefuly it won't make me want to bite peoples heads off any more.

Hey thanks for your reply,

Saw my neurologist today and he might try me on other meds if things dont settle down. Have you ever heard of Carbamazepine or Lamotrigine??

Mike

Back
Top Bottom