New here...

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
I've never really done this before. I guess it's because my epilepsy doesn't particularly affect me emotionally the way it does for a lot of people. I've had epilepsy since I was three or four as an effect of E. coli. So most limitations were told to me before they actually threatened anything about my current life and thus were not seen as limitations by the time I reached a point where I had to deal with them. And any childhood issues are over now - where people don't know about it or are mature enough to be nothing more than sympathetic.

However, I do want to understand seizures more. This is prompted by a project in Psychology, but I am serious in wanting to personally know more. I just want to make sure it's ok to do this as long as the information I use for my project does not include names or personal information other than facts/experiences about epilepsy. :)

Maybe in later posts I'll even go back to the past a little. I might still have issues to work through on some accounts even if they were years ago.

So will you take my SSN?

Hi, Cain. I don't quite know exactly what you're trying to say. Maybe its cuz I'm tired or my reading comprehension levels are limited and my eyes tend to bounce around, but whats up what what you're doing?

My sister did a report on my epilepsy in high school and my doctors like to use my test results in lectures. I'm cool with all that. You're doing psych?

Please do go on....

So will you take my SSN?

Hi, Cain. I don't quite know exactly what you're trying to say. Maybe its cuz I'm tired or my reading comprehension levels are limited and my eyes tend to bounce around, but whats up what what you're doing?

My sister did a report on my epilepsy in high school and my doctors like to use my test results in lectures. I'm cool with all that. You're doing psych?

Please do go on....
Here's what it says off the sheet: The purpose of this project is to understand what it's like living with this illness. This includes interviewing members of this group by posting questions and having members respond to the posts. All information is kept confidential and no identifying information about members will be used in the project. Individual responses will be combined together to form a summary to further protect the identity of any individuals willing to participate.

And yeah, I'm doing psych. It's pretty cool. Mostly for incorporating things I learn into my novels.

Why not I will try help as well, not sure I will be of use to you though.

Back
Top Bottom