Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

nozuka

New
Reaction score
hi...i don't really know how to use this...but im a new member. and am on this site to connect with others who have epilepsy. i feel i don't have a lot of outside support, and i feel happy that i can share stories with the online community with this forum

hello nozuka welcome to cwe

What medications do you take?I take Tegretol,Topamax,Phenobarb

I had brain surgery in 1982 in Montreal,Canada.

What kind of seizures do you have?

Hi nozuka, welcome to cwe- it's awesome here :)

A lot of us don't have people to really talk to about epilepsy, and for many this place is the only way we can talk to people about it *who really understand what it's like*.

That in itself is an amazing benefit, but you'll also find loads of great advice, support when you're down, and great people :)

Just reading about and talking about the experiences we face and learn to deal with is fantastic!

Hi nozuka, welcome!

Feel free to explore the different forums here and ask questions if you're not sure how to navigate the system.

best,
Nakamova

nozuka

You are very welcome to C.W.E. were you will meet very good and nice people you can talk too and ask questions, so look around and relax for a minuet.

Hi nozuka. Welcome to CWE. Most with epilepsy don't have that support and this is a great place to go where you can find others that do understand. Feel free to use and abuse us. :)

Welcome Nozuka, somehow in the vast universe that is the internet we have all found each other and formed a little family. Sadly many of us do not have support outside of here, mine was my Mama and it is just my Dad and I now. But anytime I need a shoulder these guys are here. One of the other awesome benefits you'll find here is sometimes when you cannot find info elsewhere somebody here will have it or will be able to link you up to it.

thank you everyone for the warm welcome... i wasn't expecting anyone to reply to me!! good to know that there are active members :)

hello nozuka welcome to cwe

What medications do you take?I take Tegretol,Topamax,Phenobarb

I had brain surgery in 1982 in Montreal,Canada.

What kind of seizures do you have?
I am currently on Lamotragine, 100mg in the morning and 150mg at night. I used to take Clobazam at night...but my neurologist gradually reduced my does, and I am finally off it.

I have petit mal absence seizures. It started since I was undiagnosed in highschool... and I was diagnosed after I graduated from university in 2009. I had brain surgery in 2011, and was seizure free for 3.5 years..... I think I had a seizure 2 months ago (June 2014). I feed sad that I had a seizure. I thought that I would never have one again after surgery, but it did! WTF!

My memory loss and "side effects" of meds has affected my performace at work..... and I am going to get fired from work soon because of my "lack of performance". I know this because I recently had a "discinplinary action" meeting with my employer. I never knew how my medical condition would affect me so negatively in my adulthood. It just sucks, I am 29 years old and I can't even hold a job.

I feel for you- I recently had to leave my dream job because of similar issues with my meds, and the stress levels kept increasing, causing more and more seizures and time off :(

There are a few work-related threads on here about people's worries about holding down their jobs. Don't write yourself off tho. Whilst it maybe be difficult to work for a company, under their time-frame, there are other ways to work.

Probably the best for people in our situations is actually work for yourself, so you can set your time schedule and possibly work a lot from home. I realise that isn't always possible in the different professions we all have. But there are other options. You're still young and have a lot to offer.

Sometimes it takes negative situations like this to open our eyes up to different and better opportunities for the future..

I wish you luck in what ever you choose to do :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom