New Member Here

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I joined this forum in January.
Have lurked forever, so finally trying to find some time to introduce myself.
I was officially diagnosed with Complex Partials on 12/30/13.
I think I started having Simple Partials near the beginning of 2013 and they progressed to Complex Partials toward the end of the year.

I was first put on Trileptal, but had an allergic reaction after four weeks.
Then started Keppra and now am on 3,000mg per day.
We added Vimpat and I was up to 400mg per day, but just switched from that to Topamax. I'm now taking 200mg of Topamax with the Keppra each day.

I recently saw an Epileptologist and have my Phase One testing scheduled for Sept. 22. I'm very nervous, but really want to have it done. I've had three seizures at work this week already.

I'm 45. I work as an Assistant Controller and have my CPA license. I haven't been able to drive since December. Luckily I live close to work and between my husband and coworkers I am able to work it out. I have two kids with lots of activities. Again, I am lucky that I live in a neighborhood with lots of other parents who help me out with getting my daughter to & from practices & games. My husband handles our son's games & practices since he coaches.

Glad to finally meet everyone! I will post again under the Lab to ask questions & give updates on my testing.

KnightsGirl

Hi, and welcome to CWE. Feel free to ask questions, rant and chat. You'll find lots of great people here.

Hello and it's nice to meet you.

I've gotten a lot of help on here about many things and have been able to give advice to people. I'm sure you'll be doing this too. I love this web site.

Being stressed is one major thing that causes seizures for me. On average I have about 7 seizures a month, I don't know how many you have. If I'm stressed over something it will defiantly bring on a seizure that day or the next. A good bit of time I may have several in just a few days. My grandmother passed a way a few months ago and I had at least double that amount in one month, sometimes even 2 or more in one day. Once I got over the stress of her death then my seizures went back to normal. Being very nervous about the test could be one thing that is bringing on the recent seizures for you right now.

I hope your test goes good.

Welcome Knight's Girl ! The people here really have helped my stay calm. Peace

Back
Top Bottom