New to Site

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvweez

New
Reaction score
Hi!

My name is Vicki! I am new to this site and going through the process of having a VNS implanted.
Short Version of my history:
I have had 2 brain tumor/craniotomies in 1994 and 2005.
Last surgery left me seizure condition with partial paralysis of left leg. I walk with cane. I am lucky. I have seizures 2 times a month. When they hit they hit hard. The have made my R. leg weaker in the process and that is also the problem. We have tried all the meds out there. I am currently on Lyrica, Lamictol and Tegretol. My husband is not home...he knows the dosages.
Like many of you I have had to quit my job. I pretty much am at home unless my husband is off....Any words of wisdom regarding the VNS would be greatly appreciated!

Hi Vicky- Welcome to our home
Sorry to hear of your struggles. We have many that can help you out.
I have been taking my daughter for neurofeedback lately. It seems to be working.
So far so good. She does not take medication at this time. We have tried four without luck. But the neurofeedback has taken her seizures from 6 a month to 1 so far.
It is a fascinating process.

Welcome Vicki!...

You can do a search on VNS on the forum...but I bet our resident experts chime in!

Peace
:rock:

Hi Vicki, welcome to the forum. :hello:

There are several members here with VNS experiences. I'm sure they will say hello shortly. :)

:hello: Vicki!

Welcome to CWE! Glad to have you
here, we do have members who have
VNS experiences and I'm sure they will
be here to post of their experiences
shortly! But feel free to browse around
and make yourself a home!

Hope

:cheers:

Welcome to our home. Sit down and relax awhile. In addition to finding information on VNS, I am sure you will find a lot of support and even the occasional chuckle.

How are you doing with the tumors. Have you been able to beat them with your surgeries. E is an awful challenge, but I am sure the tumors were as well.

My E is ideopathic or in other words they don't know what caused it.

:cheers:

Hi Vicki! Welcome to to CWE. :) I don't have any personal experience with VNS, but I'm sure our resident experts will chime in. :) Feel free to ask questions. And if you ever need to just rant, the Padded Room is always open. :)

Thank you!

I just wanted to thank you all for the warm welcome. I have received some excellent feedback regarding the VNS. I am still researching all the options out there!
Once again I really appreciate all your help!!
Vicki

Welcome Dvweez!
I hope you figure what you want to do. Keep us updated on what you do.. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom