new to site

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

kimba

New
Reaction score
Hi, My name is Kim. I am 42 but just got epilepsy when I was 40. I had a few Grand-mals, one which was induced in the hospital which confirmed it was Epilepsy. I think I had some kind of absent seizure yesterday, went to the hospital and I'm going to my Neuro Monday. That never happened before so it was very scary. I don't know anyone else that understands so I hope I can get some help as well as talking to other people to help out. This is still rather new I guess. So many different aspects to it other people just don't get. Thanks for listening!

Kim

:cheers:

Kimba - I think you may have found what you are looking for here at CWE. Lots of information to help you learn about your seizures and plenty of us with experience (unfortunately).

You will also find plenty of support when you need it and some humor when you need that.

Take plenty of notes this weekend and have a list of questions with you for your appointment on Monday. The more detail you can give the neuro, the better they can do their job. Also, the better understanding you have of epilepsy will make it a little easier to cope.

So welcome and best wishes for an E-free weekend.

:cheers:

Hi Kim - Welcome to CWE
I am glad that you joined us. My daughter is the one that has seizures, but it is I who has found alternatives to medication here, a group of people that are supportive, and a place to come for additional knowledge on the subject.

I hope you find it a supportive home away from home.

Welcome to CWE Kim. I hope you enjoy it here. Like Robin said this is group of supportive people. This has always been a good place to come to for me.

Hi Kim! Welcome to CWE. This is a fantastic group of people, as you'll soon find out. :) So feel free to ask any questions, chime in, or vent if you need to. :) For some basic epilepsy info, feel free to check out the epilepsy 101 thread in my signature. It has some good basic info.

Hi Kim, welcome to the forum. :hello:

Make yourself at home here. :)

Hi Kim,
Welcome to the group and good luck with your appointment on Monday.
Sincerely, Josie

doctor visit

Hi,
I would like to thank everyone for their responses. I feel really welcomed here.
I went to my Neuro today since I had what I thought was some kinda of absent seizure. It turns out the Doctor said I had a Complex/partial seizure while I was getting my long term EEG done. I thought it was just a tonic/clonic but she said it started out as a partial (i guess where can lose consiusness and maybe twitch in certain parts-like arms, etc.) ((at least I think that is what she meant)).
So she said it was the same thing where I might have "zoned" at work then came back.
If someone could please help clarify more? I seemed to have lost literally 1/2 hour of time in the morning before work. It was 6:30 when I started to put on make-up, then all of a sudden, like normal I was still ready and the radio said it was 7:00. Never had that happen before!! I though with absent seizures you would only for a minute or so, not that long. Can anyone help with what could have happened? At work it was only a little time but losing that time in the morning really has me confused. Unless it's some other type but I'm not sure. It's hard to get a diagnoses from the Doc. compared to people that have seizures. Thank you again everyone!!!

Kim

Back
Top Bottom