Okay- I am freaking out. Help. Meeting with doctor today

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Shocked

New
Reaction score
It has been the longest weekend of my entire life. I got the call Friday that my EEG was abnormal. Today, at 4:00, I meet with the neurologist to find out exactly what is going on
I woke up this morning in a panic. Having quite an anxiety attack. Am so dreadfully scared.

THINK POSITIVE! Hopefully, this will lead to some answers for your condition.
Good Luck!
M

Hey Shocked, can you have someone go to the appt. with you? It can help to have two sets of eyes and ears to take in what the doctor is saying and to ask questions. If you are able, write down any questions you have beforehand and then during the appointment write down the answers. This can help you focus during the appointment and give you notes to refer to later. Make sure to ask how to get in touch with the doc if you have additional questions or concerns.

It's normal to feel scared and anxious about something like this, but don't let your anxiety derail you. As you get acquainted with CWE you'll see that while epilepsy is obviously a burden of sorts, it is also not the end of the world. Epilepsy is challenging, but it doesn't need to define you. Hang in there, and remember that you have a lot of support here to help you through any tough stuff.

:hugs:

Nakamova has some good suggestions and what she says is right, so just chill out, OK? Reserve anxiety attacks for something really scary, like being audited by the IRS.
Also, I'm willing to bet that you have not followed my prescription for eating some high-quality chocolate. It's not too late!
Let us know what the doc says, all right?

Thanks to everyone for being so supportive and positive throughout my experience. You are all truly remarkable.
We met with the neurologist today. While my eeg was abnormal,It was nothing overly concerning (he said) There were a few random spikes here and there but nothing that points towards extensive seizure activity or epilepsy (I asked him for a copy of the report, as I want ALL the details).
Because of my migraines and spikes, we have decided to start on Topamax at. 25 mg initial dose and then leveling at 100 mg. I am hoping it helps
After 3 MRIs, a CT scan, full CBC, ent work up and EEG I can officially say I am exhausted of seeing doctors. Time to enjoy the summer with me beautiful little girls and aupportive hubby

Again- thanks to each and everyone of you. You are strong, positive, encouraging, and most of all truly kind hearted, genuine individuals. Stay strong

Good luck to you. I hope you keep us posted on how things go. Enjoy your Summer!

Dear Shocked,
I know this is all so new to you don't worry. I am on topomax myself. Many of us are are on mutiple medications including myself. Make sure you get yourself one of those 7day week pill box with the am/pm on it and a digital watch with multiple alarms on it like the kind from Timex they run around $30. You will find both incredibly helpful. You can't depend on your cellphone for your alarm because you will not always have it on you (job, pockets etc...) I mention job becasue where we are not alowed to have a cell phone with me but I am allowed to have a watch with me. Like Narkanova said every now and then if you can eat some very good high quality sweets baby it really helps.... I am 39 it really helps. I have only been diagnosed for about 4 1/2 years now I only get them around my period so they are catamenial in nature I only started having abnormal EEG's only recently. My seizures are generalized all across the brain. So when I have them.....Well lets just say its a party in my brain....

tina

I am sorry that I was not here earlier for you. I am glad that you are on the start of a new journey that sounds like it will not be too bad.

I have a pill box that after I fill it up, I put it on the table where I always eat. That way, I notice it easier.

I agree with everyone, enjoy the summer!!

Back
Top Bottom