Questions

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

plsbh

New
Reaction score
I am not sure if I am having any symptoms but I dont really know who to ask other than a doctor. At random points in time I going into a state were everything kinda feels like a false reality. I continue to do what I am doing while I know that I feel like I am spacing out really bad. I try to snap out of it but I can not. When I say I continue I believe I continue at a slower or not up to speed pace. Last time it happened I was playing ping pong with some friends and she asked if I didnt want to play any more. That was right after I started going into the different state of mind. I know whats going on but I feel like I cant control it or snap out of it. Its pretty hard to explain. Not sure if any of you can maybe tell me whats going on or could possible ask me some questions that I can try to answer to help you guys understand what I'm trying to say. Hope that made since I tried to type fast due to being in the middle of class.

Edit- There is usually a long space of time between when this happens. I cant really remember them but I remember the last few. So I would have to say they average out to happening weeks apart or sometimes a few months apart.

Hi plsbh, welcome to the forum. :hello:

They could be simple partial seizures. I suggest seeing a neuro and get an EEG test to verify what's happening in the brain.

Yeap, that's what they can do! Welcome to CWE. Our cyberhome!

Hi plsbh!
Welcome to the board. I agree with Bernard. What you have explained sounds like simple partial seizures. I have them. I would go and see a Doctor and get a EEG test done. Goodluck. I hope you get it figured out. :)

Welcome plsbh!...

This stuff's scary if you let yourself 'over-think' it too much early on...get that doc's opinion!

Let us know how it goes!

Peace
Speber
:rock:

WELCOME plsba -
It could be something as simple as a vitamin or mineral deficiency. Or a bloodsugar imbalance. Don't get too nervous, just become a researcher and find some answers.

Hi Plsbh :hello:

What you describe is similar to my simple partial seizures. Robin is right, though, it could be lots of things. Your family doctor might run some bloodwork and stuff to rule out simple things, but otherwise he/she probably won't have a clue, and may refer you to a neurologist.

If your episodes are seizures, they will most likely increase in frequency and severity over time. My simple partials eventually turned into complex partials that left me unconscious on the floor. I recommend keeping a log and documenting when they occur (day and time), where you were, what you were doing, what you ate, and any unusual symptoms before or after the episode.

It was a long and frustrating process I went through to finally get my diagnoses. Gather all the information you can. I wish you the best.

:hello: PL!

Welcome to CWE! In addition to all
the postings below .. I strongly also
recommend if all possible if you can
also remember anything or if you had
any witnesses, to write down the things
that has/had happened during those
episodes. It helps a lot to keep a diary,
journal, log - so that the Doctor would
know how often / frequent you get them.

And feel free to browse around as well
and make yourself a home!

On thing that I can remember when they happen is the lighting. I know I have had more than 3 happen but for some reason I can only think of the recent ones. The first was at my friends house and we were playing football outside in the dark. I would of been in a little bit of light though because of the street light. The next was playing ping pong in my friends detached garage and it was dark out and we had the door open. So once again I was in the light while being surrounded by darkness. The last was on my bike and it was raining outside and was kinda dark.

So the relationship I can find are the light and dark. Then my focusing on a small object. The pingpong and the football in the dark. But thats all I can think of for coincidences.

Not sure if this could give any one clues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom