Re-introducing myself

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Garbo

Stalwart
Reaction score
I technically joined four years ago and I wasn't active at all, so I am re-introducing myself. My name is Amanda and I was diagnosed with epilepsy almost ten years ago. Phew! Almost a decade.

I am a PhD student and a University instructor, which really takes its toll, hence why I am on here again.

I guess before I start to go into the logistics of why I returned, that is my intro. Ha! I actually work in Disability Studies. :) I ride horses, I spend a lot of time outside, and I love napping. ;) I've never really been a part of an epilepsy community, but I'm excited to join.

Hi Amanda! Welcome (back).

Lots on your plate! I admire that šŸ˜„ don't let anything get you down, that's for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to hear I'm not the only "returnee"! I fell out of sight as I got farther away from my last seizure, but I'm back. Napping is such a wonderful hobby, I've been working on perfecting it. Use to ride horses, now ride Harleys (well up to Tuesday when I went on another 6 month driving hiatus). Welcome back!

Glad you're back!

I also love to nap, too much at times I think...

I rode horses when I was in high school, wish I could still do it now. I used to ride English style, really hurt my butt!

Glad to have you back. This is a really good and fun place to be.

Hi Amanda!
Welcome back :) I have had Epilepsy since I was 18 (and I'm 66 now)...but had never joined a community for E, either, until earlier this week.

Then recently, despite the medications I take *totally* controlling my seizures for 25+ years...a new neurologist decided I needed to switch to a "new medication".

I came her after feeling AWFUL. Everyone was *super* helpful
and it truly helped me decided to return to my original, successful
medications.

I adore horses-----so I love that you get to ride daily. :)

Take care :)

Tory

Thanks for the lovely welcome! I really appreciate it, and look forward to getting to know everyone. :)

Good to have you back. I found this in my bookmarks and decided to try it again. I noticed that I joined in 2010 but had only made 22 posts.

Hi Amanda,

Welcome!! This forum was made by Bernard out of love for his wife Stacy. That love permeates throughout the whole forum.

Back
Top Bottom