riding a motorcycle round the world

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveSmith

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm Dave Smith. I was mugged in 2001 (I think, the mugging screwed up dates as well as nouns) and spent four days in ICU. I had four hematomas and was royally screwed up. It took a month to learn to talk again and a month to be able to watch something as simple as the Andy Griffith Show and be able to follow the plot.

I've had three seizures since then but they are well controlled by Keppra/levetricetam. Good thing since I'm riding an old POS motorcycle round the world. I'm currently in India on Round 2 (done Australia, New Zealand and parts of Japan - Japan not on bike).

Luckily, Keppra/levetricatem is cheap here and I could get 750mg pills faster (and the same cost as my co-payment) than I can in the US. I had an American pharmaceutical representative check them out and she says they're legit. Sorry Indians, but that's a question that I had to have answered.

I'm guessing if you look here, you're epileptic or friends/family with a person with epilepsy (or a weirdo Fight Club type person). Don't let epilepsy keep you down. You only live once! Although that's not true if you're in India!

-Dave

round the world on an old motorcycle
Currently in: India
http:nokilli.com/rtw

Hiya Dave

Welcome to CWE.

I have uncontrolled seizures!! I have spent the last 12 years travelling round the world, I am not allowed my license so I travel with a friend who spends many hours behind the wheel. Like you I have extensively travelled, some of the places I have been too are Australia, New Zealand, USA (39 states), Canada, Africa, Thailand, Arctic etc.

My dream is to own a motorbike and ride around the world, but in reality I don't think this is ever going to happen, I always have to settle for the backseat on the bike.

I try not to let E get the better of me, the only time it really bothers me is when I am thinking about the driving restriction.

Like you said you only live once, I intend to travel all of my life, do everything and see everything. I think that having E pushes me that little bit harder to achieve things.

If you would like to PM me about travel that would be cool

The Crazy Monkey

That's great. I blog under the name "drunken monkey". I showed up in India on a Tuesday which is the day they set aside for Hanuman, the monkey god. Plus his GIANT temple is about 300 yards from my current hotel.

I'll PM you in a minute. I'm sure we'll meet somewhere. It is a small world.

-Dave

round the world on an old motorcycle
Currently in: India
http:nokilli.com/rtw

LOL...welcome Dave! Glad to see you posting here. :) Your attitude is fantastic. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom