Round and round and round she goes....

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Reaction score
Interesting stuff has been happening. Since I stopped taking the Celexa, I've been doing much better (I think those seizures must have been a bad reaction) but I was going to go in to see my doctor on Friday just to see if there was anything I could take instead of the two anti-depressants I was on (Wellbutrin makes it hard for me to sleep and Celexa is a blood thinner) but I was about 20 minutes late to the appointment, so they told me I couldn't see him as he'd gone into a meeting and his next appt was in the middle of February. I told her it was urgent I see him, and they set me up with an appt with another of the doctors in that complex for today.

I told him the long and short of things and he asked why I was on Neurontin and I told him it was for seizures. He kind of grimaced and said "If you're going to be on an AED, let's put you on something effective." I'm now on Tegretol, Cymbalta (for my headaches) and Xanax (for my anxiety). I hope these work out better. I'm also on heart medication for something I've never heard it used for--pituitary disorders.

However, when I checked drugs.com for interactions, this is what came up, and it worries me a bit. http://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=2105-1372,949-2273,497-234,133-54

Literophile,

I'm so glad you've got a doc who is trying to get your meds right! Hooray!

The first interaction, you can call your doc's office and ask him about it. If you want to you can also ask about the other drug interactions.

The rest, they have a list of things to watch for. Call in immediately if you experience any of them. If you don't have a blood pressure cuff cheap ones are for sale now. Do you have a "Harbor Freight" near you? It's a kind of cheap hardware store. They have wrist cuffs for about $15. It also measures pulse rate.

The one about "heavy machinary" is unfortunate, if you are able to drive right now. I'd ask about that one, too.

Oooh! That's a good idea about the wrist cuff. I don't know about a Harbor Freight near me (the only things "near" me are about 45 minutes away) but I'm guessing my stepdad would know about that.

I can technically drive right now, because all of my neurologists have said this is a psychological problem, but I wouldn't feel safe driving, so I don't. Frustrating, yes, but better to be safe than sorry.

Did you know I have a dog? :D

Okay, so I looked up my medications of askapatient and two of them (Xanax and Cymbalta) say they are HELL to stop. With as often as I switch meds, I'm a little worried. Also, a common side effect of all of them is apathy. There were some other things that made me nervous about starting these meds--so many people said they were worse off for taking them. The only one that didn't have many reported side effects is the Aldactone, which is for my pituitary disorder. :/

Will do! *nod*

I just picked up my new prescription and it's the weirdest thing... the Tegretol is chewable. Had any experience with that kind of thing? I didn't know it came in chewable tablets. Does it react differently?

Back
Top Bottom