seizure

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris1230

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone I had a seizure in the middle of the night on monday. I wasn't feeling well and was having a hard time sleeping so I was up on the computer. I remeber I was researching for school and the computer started flashing and I don't know if it really was or if it was just me. I remember putting my head down and trying to relax. My friend knew that I wasn't sleeping well and came to check on me. She found me on the ground and I was choking on my vomit. She turned me on my side and called an ambulance. I spent a long time in the ER but I did get to go home. Me being as determined as I am went to school after even though I was exhausted and didn't feel well. The dean of students saw me and knew that something was wrong. She sent me home and I was very mad at her because I was determined I was taking my test and staying in class. I listened to her and went home and had several seizures throughout the day before I finally went back in. I have the flu so I wasn't keeping my medication down. At the hospital they just put it directly into my blood stream. I slept all night long and woke up today and was so tired I wasn't going to school. Will that motivation in me kicked in and I went to school anyway, in my pjs. It wasn't a bad day though. I actually feel much better, just tired. The dean is kinda riding my case about making sure that I take care of myself first. School is just so important to me and I hate missing it. It's stressful when you get behind. The dean is really nice though. I find it surprizing that she cares as much as she does. I'm only one student and it's not like she's known me for very long.

:hello: Kris

Sorry you had to experience that! I love
school too and love to learn. And I can
almost see your determination not to let
seizures stand in the way of your education
and I laud you for that!

:clap:

Welcome to CWE!

Kris,
Don't you just love it... don't miss school, keep stress down, but if you have a seizure take some time off, don't get behind on your work, take some meds that give you a foggy mind, remember keep your stress down, drink water, but dont' leave class to p**...

Put that seizure on the ground and stomp on it!

Thanks for the advice Robin. I need to work on not stressing out and DRINKING WATER. I'm not a very thirsty person and I'm generally dyhydrated when I go in. I'm working on it. I like what you said, "Put that seizure on the ground and stomp on it!" Very cute, makes me smile, and thats exactly what I'm going to do. One time when I was in the ER a nurse that see's me frequently said, "Everytime you have a seizure they kick you're a**." I said, "I'm little but mighty and I can kick a** too."

... She found me on the ground and I was choking on my vomit. ... I spent a long time in the ER but I did get to go home. ... I have the flu ...

When Stacy aspirated on her vomit after/during a seizure, the ER/hospital would not let her go until they drained the fluid from her lungs and made sure she didn't develop pneumonia. If your flu gets worse, get checked for pneumonia...

Thanks Bernard I'll keep that in mind. I'm surprized they didn't mention that to me. They did say that if I continued vomiting to go back in. I'm not anymore but I have a cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom