She told me I'm different meaning(intractable)

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Belinda5000

Account Closed
Inactive
Reaction score
I made an appointment to see my neuro , and when I was talking to his secretary she said I'm different.intractable /refractory and she's known me for years.So what's she saying I'm suppose to give up? I've been with this guy 24 yrs next month.I've had surgery,VNS and way to many meds.I've tried a diet that and it's not good for me.

I see my neuro Monday and Iplan to ask him exactly what is next?:e::ponder:

Hang in there. But I would definitely tell him what his secretary said. I bet your doctor doesn't expect or condone the receptionist giving opinions on your particular situation. It isn't her place to make any judgements about you or your prognosis/outlook. She isn't a physician although she has a lot of experience as a secretary in a neurologist's office. Sometimes a little bit of knowledge makes folks think they know more than they do.
Good luck on Monday!

see what he thinks about you getting a refferal to an epiepoligist,

everybody is different, you remember mister rogers,

If I deciced to go see an epileptologist at Emory he'd be behind me.

I've been down that road before and they don't even look at mychart he knows more the docs doover there at Emory.He was use to be a professor there.

good luck, I cant remember what life was like when I lived in atl,

Back
Top Bottom