Side effects Keppra

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Worrier5

New
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and really just wondering if anyone else has had peeling skin on their fingers and hands. My 23yr old son is taking Keppra 250mg twice daily and has developed this condition.
I would love to hear from anyone who could shed some light on this!

Thanks in advance x

Welcome Worrier5

I am a 29 year old male taking Keppra 750mg twice daily for a couple of years now and have NOT had this problem. However, different drugs affect different people in different ways (ha!) so I would definitely talk to his doctor about it.

I've never heard of this happening before from Keppra. It may be unrelated, but since it isn't a commonside effect, I'd talk to a doctor ASAP. I have side effects, but nothing I can't manage. With Keppra being a common epilepsy drug, you'll find many threads with information available. I take 2000 mg 2x/day. Let me know if I can be of any help.

I have been taking generic Keppra since 2006. I remember when I first started I had a lot of itching of my skin. Like others mentioned, everyone reacts differently to meds. But do tell the dr.
Welcome!
Keppra has been very good for me. I take 1000 mgs. daily and am well controlled.
M

Worrier5,

Peeling skin can be a serious side effect and needs to be reported immediately. Good luck and let us know how your son is doing.

Cindy

Back
Top Bottom