Sinus pain..

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

nic

New
Reaction score
Since being diagnosed with epilepsy three weeks ago I have developed terrible sinus pain. Please someone have a magic remedy........

Have you seen a doctor to have the pain diagnosed? Among other things it could be an infection or allergies, so a diagnosis would be helpful for determining a treatment. You might get some relief by:
-- Putting a warm, moist washcloth to your face a few times a day (it can help open up blocked areas).
-- Staying hydrated
-- Inhaling steam (sit in the bathroom with the hot shower running).
-- Trying a neti pot or saline rinse

Jalapeno peppers are a good temporary way to clear congestion, if you have congestion. I mentioned in another post three natural spices which help me breathe as I have have trouble breathing due to Muscular Dystrophy. I use cinnamon, cayenne, and cloves. All of these, in addition to the hot peppers, and, as I have read, peppermint, are antihistamines, and can help with sinus problems. I make a pumpkin smoothie with almond milk to get the cinnamon and cloves.

Back
Top Bottom