Temporal Lobe Epilepsy? Nocturnal Seizure?

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

Lovely - not :?

I always have people comment when we walk up a steep hill and I'm huffing and puffing by the time we get to the top. They think I'm out of shape when truth is even when I did aerobic workouts 3 times+ in a week during the 80s, I still huffed and puffed going up stairs. Working out Lowers your bp, right? :lol:

Working out strengthens your heart which means that it doesn't have to pump as hard to get the blood to circulate which can bring your blood pressure down.

Huffing and puffing even when you are in decent shape means that you are not getting enough oxygen but it can be caused by lots of things including damaged lung tissue (COPD), a leaky heart valve which makes the heart have to work harder to get the blood out and around,etc..

Hey guys, I don't know if I should make another separate thread for this but I have a question for those that posted in here that have TLE. How do you feel in the weeks following a seizure? I'm having a particularly bad day today with my symptoms and want to see if I can relate at all. It's been about 2 weeks or so since my last strange experience that I asked about so I'm trying to see if there's a possible connection.
-thanks

Last edited:
It depends on how bad the seizure was.

If it was a pretty bad one I usually feel like crap a day or two after a seizure. All I pretty much do is sleep because I'm just so tired.

If it wasn't that bad then I might be tired the next day but not like I am after a bad one.

It depends on how bad the seizure was.

If it was a pretty bad one I usually feel like crap a day or two after a seizure. All I pretty much do is sleep because I'm just so tired.

If it wasn't that bad then I might be tired the next day but not like I am after a bad one.
Thanks valeriedl,
I also feel like crap, and tired would be one of the feelings to go along with that but I also feel so many other things as well. It's so bad at times that I wonder if I should even go to the ER and today would be one of those times. I don't know if this is just anxiety but it doesn't feel like it. I keep changing my mind between thinking its neurological and urgent to thinking its just anxiety and it'll calm down. Right now I feel like it's even hard for me to think about what to say in this message and type it. I have strange feelings in my head, depersonalization/derealization, confusion, hard to focus, etc. Alot of cognitive difficulties. Do you ever get any of this?

Last edited:
Thanks valeriedl,
I also feel like crap, and tired would be one of the feelings to go along with that but I also feel so many other things as well. It's so bad at times that I wonder if I should even go to the ER and today would be one of those times. I don't know if this is just anxiety but it doesn't feel like it. I keep changing my mind between thinking its neurological and urgent to thinking its just anxiety and it'll calm down. Right now I feel like it's even hard for me to think about what to say in this message and type it. I have strange feelings in my head, depersonalization/derealization, confusion, hard to focus, etc. Alot of cognitive difficulties. Do you ever get any of this?

Do you feel like this after every seizure or is it just sometimes?

If it only happens sometimes I'm wondering if you might be having several seizures in those two weeks and just don't realize it and that's why you feel like this?

I know when I have seizures very close together, maybe two days in a row or every two days or so if you know what I mean, I'll feel like crap and I'm very tired until I stop having seizures.

If I only have one then as I said it's usually only a day or two after the seizure that I don't feel good.

Do you feel like this after every seizure or is it just sometimes?

If it only happens sometimes I'm wondering if you might be having several seizures in those two weeks and just don't realize it and that's why you feel like this?

I know when I have seizures very close together, maybe two days in a row or every two days or so if you know what I mean, I'll feel like crap and I'm very tired until I stop having seizures.

If I only have one then as I said it's usually only a day or two after the seizure that I don't feel good.
Well I'm not even sure yet if I'm having seizures. I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet, but I do suspect neurological complications which is why I came back here. I feel symptoms basically everyday but some days are worse than others, with today being an example of a bad day. All of the symptoms feel intensified and worse than usual. I'm just wondering if maybe this recent spike in symptoms is because of what I described in my OP that happened to me some weeks ago.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom