Vimpat

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy Forums

Welcome to the Coping With Epilepsy forums - a peer support community for folks dealing (directly or indirectly) with seizure disorders. You can visit the forum page to see the list of forum nodes (categories/rooms) for topics.

Please have a look around and if you like what you see, please consider registering an account and joining the discussions. When you register an account and log in, you may enjoy additional benefits including no ads, access to members only (ie. private) forum nodes and more. Registering an account is free - you have nothing to lose!

MNGirl

New
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I go see my doctor on Friday, he has increased my Keppra to 3000mg a day...ugh! but he also wants to talk to me about adding Vimpat and the side effects that I have read seem like a real nightmare, so I am wondering if anyone else takes it and their response to it. My Seizures seem to have taken a turn for the worse and have also included convulsions now so he wants to add a new med.....Thanks so much for any info....Have a great day everyone!

I am currently being taken off Vimpat again because the side effects were too much. I think it would be worth you giving it a try though, it works for many people.

Hi MNGirl,

You might be able to find additional Vimpat feedback by searching the CWE archives. You can search for posts that mention Vimpat using the "Search" tab at the top.

Good Mornin'!

I take both :) Keppra 2,500 mgs and vimpat 200mgs. I guess I am one of the lucky ones.....I have not had any side effects on either. (quick, knock on wood) I will keep my fingers crossed for you....let us know what you decide :tup:

Im on Keppra XR 3000mgs a day, and my dr just added the Vimpat to it. Starting last night, I am now taking 100mg tables twice a day, (200mgs each day). Ive had some tingling/numbing feelings, and possibly some memory loss, which my dr's nurse says is normal. So they want me to continue to take it for the next month to see if the side effects get better or worse.

Thanks everyone for your input....The side effects can not be any worse then I have had from the Keppra....Have a great day everyone!

Like you I'm on 2500mg of Keppra daily. I'm also on 200mg of vimpat daily. Whenever I started the vimpat I would get really dizzy (didn't know which way was up) that was over a year ago and things have calmed down some with the dizzyness but sometimes it still hits me pretty hard. I have to be sure to take it right after or during a meal. that helps alot.

I had the dizzyness for the first time today. Im on day 8 and this morning after taking the vimpat with some breakfast, about an hour later, if that, I started to feel really dizzy. I had to lay down and close my eyes in order to feel better.

Back
Top Bottom